Political Correctness Rant

old man emu

They're not simply, "young and free-spirited people". They are dedicated criminals with no empathy to other humans, no social skills, no desire to change, and they will violently attack anyone trying to change them or their outlook.

I don't know what the answer is, to try and turn them into responsible, socially acceptable people - but hundreds of other people with greater skills and training than I have, cannot come up with the answer, either.

The instant they are released into society, they set about stealing, assaulting and destroying property on mind-boggling rampages - so they must be kept locked up, to keep society safe and liveable.

Alice Springs, Carnarvon, Port Hedland, Kununurra, Fitzroy Crossing, and a dozen other indigenous communities are becoming unliveable due to the rampant crime levels - and even the Police are struggling to control the crime levels, despite the doubling of Police numbers in Northern W.A. towns.

• Like 1

Another example is that no-good didgerie-doo player who almost killed a young man with his instrument after the indigenous round of football in Melbourne. Out on bail and hits a chap with a steel pipe. They used to say hand them over to the elders to administer tribal justice. Probably make him a hero.

• Informative 1

In a typical Govt move, the authorities, in concert with concerned Aboriginal elders, decided to set up a "boot camp" for these little thugs - in a remote area of the Kimberley.

Now, that idea just fell in a hole - because someone has just pointed out, a large portion of the Kimberley country is inaccessible, due to the "wet" season - not to mention the recent flooding.

So the boot camp has had to be put on hold because no-one can figure out a way to solve the accessibility and servicing problem.

I reckon the rehab place simply needs to be moved so much further inland and even less accessible. Supply them via the air and position so far from towns, that even if they steal a vehicle, they'll never make it back there. Oh, hang on, that would "infringing on their rights", and be rated as "inhuman treatment" .... :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

So we have an extreme weather event isolating everybody around the floods regardless of their skin colour or culture.

I see many indigenous being given assistance. By descendants of white invaders.

If it wasn't for the help provided by these descendants of white invaders providing housing and food and access to the local pubs, all these indigenous would be relying on their 50,000 years old hunter gatherer culture right now. And they would be stranded by the floodwaters and probably starving to death right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

yep, the contractors at the Adelaide Soaring Club used to say about how we were getting wonderful works. We used to say " then piss off and leave us as if you had never appeared". Well, applying this to the aborigines, you can't put yourself in their shoes, because even their shoes would disappear.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, red750 said:

They are no longer Easter Eggs.  They are seasonal chocolates.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/69881/cadbury-dairy-milk-chocolate-easter-egg-crate

Interestingly many Woolworths easter products have easter in the name and some don't, even within one brand.    

We live in a time when increasingly the product the media sells is confected outrage.  In the US Fox news every year pushes the narrative the there is a  "war on christmas", this is great for ratings.

This idea that chocolate manufacturers are being bullied by crowds of angry "woke"  people doesn't really hold water, although I await evidence.

What I think is more likely is that chocolate manufacturers are in business to sell product.    In an increasingly secular and diverse society doesn't it make sense to make your product range appealing to the maximum number of customers? Hence Lindt has on sale in Woolworths 2 easter products, one called with "gold  bunny and egg chocolate"  and one with "gold edition easter egg"

I suspect this is more a matter of commerce than some conspiracy.

The reason I bring this up is that we are seeing societies becoming more and more divided and frequently the battle grounds are small issues or misunderstandings or half truths. 

In our house we have always referred to Easter buns as "Jesus buns"  I think that could catch on.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

The "Jesus bolt" is the one that if it shears, all you can say is "Jesus!"

The problem arises because of the climatic seasons, and that the three major religions present here are European.

Christmas - began as ceremonies at the winter solstice.

Easter - began as ceremonies at the Spring equinox

Mid-summer - ceremonies at the summer solstice.

Harvest festivals - ceremonies at the Autumn equinox.

Therefore those major religions have ceremonies that run concurrently. We are currently in the month of Ramadan (22 March to 21 April).  Passover is 5 to 13 April. Easter is 7 to 9 April. Buddhist celebrate the birth of the Buddha on the full moon in May. Hindus have celebrations aligned with solar positions. It appears that Chinese have celebrations based on a similar schedule. The Japanese follow suit.

Every human group has scheduled its cycle of annual activities by these events. Even our dusky friends here built "observatories" not unlike Stonehenge and similar ones elsewhere in the world. We are fortunate in that Aboriginal astronomical knowledge has not been completely lost to us. It would not take much research to learn that branch of astronomy since there are people who can tell us. It is unfortunate that, apart from structures like Stonehenge, and the multitude of henges throughout Britain, and probably the rest of Europe, we can no nothing of the astronomy of those ancient peoples because they and their cultures are gone. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Egyptians had moderately advanced astronomy, although it was based on simple principles, like how a water surface was truly horizontal. They also had time to waste. Just imagine the poor apprentice priest who tried to tell them that it was more like 365 days in a year instead of the obviously holy figure of 360 days. Ah well, that is why we have 360 degrees in a circle to this day.

Another thing....  why 7 days in a week and not 8 or 6 or something else?

• Like 1

I wanted to smash my TV last night, the 60 minutes story on Theybes- the new word for children where WOKE parents want to enforce their unscientific views from day one on their children boiledmy blood. You are born in 2 ways normally , either male of female, with occasional mutations of both or none just like any other creature in the animal kingdom. One day this collective mental illness of believing you a unicorn, helicopter or any other made verb will come to a head. I don't care how any one wants to live their life, but don't force it onto unwilling participants in your car who cannot comprehend it or make an informed choice due to age/development. This will do untold damage to their future not develop them into balanced humans.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I didn't see the episode, but I am always warey of shows like 60 minutes who have to rely on a big story to generate viewers and then revenue, as the best way to get eyeballs is to whip un a frenzy.

Having said that, there does appear to be some over-assertion of the rights of teenagers to make life changing decisions which, for men anyway, can't be reversed, while their frontal cortex has yet to fully develop.  There was a clinic that was shut down because of the tactics of fear and intimidation they allegedly wreake don parents as well as their zealous encouragement to have teenagers re-assign on teenagers saying they wanted to. Apparently counselling a balanced review was not available, and it seemed to be all about getting TGs population up.

I can't say if all or any of these accusatiosn  are true, but, to the government's credit, they consulted with the medical profession before making the decision to disband that particular facility and replace it with a decentralised model. Apparently, there are still young teenagers who do go through the process, but allegedly, it is more balanced now.

I know that the press (MSM and Social Media) tend to used facts, which are usually outliers to support their positions. Quite frankly, if a man thinks he is a woman and vice versa, I am with you Clinton, let them make that decision and enjoy living their life they way they want to. I don't have to be part of it.. But, I am uncomfortable with both young teenagers taking these steps to permanently change their life, while marginialising the family unless th4ere is an abusive element that needs to be separated; and especially while they are developing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Don't we prohibit adults supplying children and young people (teenagers 16 to 18 years old) with alcohol, tobacco, and tattoos because these children don't have the experience and knowledge to understand that things are held to restrict physical development. Surely these children are in the same position regarding their sexuality. 

60-odd years ago, we said, "Sweet sixteen and never been kissed." Is this now to become, "Sweet sixteen and never had gender rearrangement?"

• Like 3

About 40 years ago, there was a magazine called "the Australasian Post" which had a billboard at a service-station near Renmark in South Australia.

The picture was of a skinny guy dressed in a yellow dress, and the caption read " I want my penis back, says sex-change shearer"

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...