Political Correctness Rant

old man emu

Meanwhile, back to the original subject of the thread - wokeness.

The Victorian Racing Club Spring Carnival is due to commence shortly, with the return of Fashions In The Field for the first time since before the pandemic. Only now, it has to be gender neutral.

Oh My God!! Vision on the TV of blokes like tradies, in dresses. Sorry folks, we are all doomed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, red750 said:

Meanwhile, back to the original subject of the thread - wokeness.

The Victorian Racing Club Spring Carnival is due to commence shortly, with the return of Fashions In The Field for the first time since before the pandemic. Only now, it has to be gender neutral.

Oh My God!! Vision on the TV of blokes like tradies, in dresses. Sorry folks, we are all doomed.

Back in the 1700's, blokes wore makeup (lead based, which wasn't a great idea health wise), ruffles, long wigs, silk tights in varying pastel colours, shoes with big gold buckles, and more jewelry than most modern women.

Why will a tradie in a dress doom us now?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, red750 said:

Fashions In The Field . Only now, it has to be gender neutral.

Why not? It would be nice to see men take as much care with their appearance as the ladies do. Not so much current "fashion", but style what we need to return to. The style of clothing we see too often is reminiscent of a plundered rag bag. And Australian males don't seem to be able to select any colour between fawn and black. Are they in a perpetual state of mourning (present circumstances excepted)?

The problem becomes "Who is the arbiter of fashion?" In the Rock'n'Roll era the fashion was tight blue jeans and leather jackets. Come the surfing era and it was baggy shorts and loose tops. Then the Mersey Beat era brought a return to the suit, but with modified cut. Remember the Attenbroughesque Safari Suit? In the Psychedelic era, fashion reflected the state of the inner consciousness. Disco Fever wasn't so good for the short and tubby. Then came Punk and out went good taste, never to return. Thank (here insert your goto Being) that we never followed the vaudevillian checked patterns that were the rage in the USA. 

I think a well cut suit with co-ordinated shirt colour and shoes are the clothes that "maketh the man".

5 minutes ago, red750 said:

Kilts are OK Visions of William Wallace - "they'll never take away our freedom"

Just serching for an image, discovered that was an error. Wallace was before the kilt was invented. Never-the-less, that was the image I concieved:

509696107_MelGibsonBraveheart.thumb.jpg.a138434e370f78ef217f53fc74d4047a.jpg

• Informative 1

• 3 months later...

This dumb b*tch in the North Sydney Council wants to ban all leather and fur items from Council properties, including footballs, basketballs, boots, cricket balls, etc., "out of respect for the animals"

How is that going to go down with the First Nations people who wear animal fur in the Welcome to Country ceremony?

Georgia Lamb. North Sydney Council.

.North Sydney Council - Cr Georgia Lamb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IF that's high on their agenda they have little to worry about. The more I observe nature the more I see things as something else's food. Animals in the wild are constantly on the alert and never relaxed like my 2 new Labs are. I think I'll come back as one of my dogs. My house is being LAB tested and not really passing.    Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

These sort of animal lib crusaders have every right to express their opinions, but no right to impose them on the rest of us. (Just like the bluddy Republican-backed religious extremists in the US.)

Our whole way of life depends on exploiting animals; the best we can do is treat them well and reduce their suffering wherever we can. Most farmers have always been conscious of this. A beef-grower neighbour of mine was almost in tears every time he had to take some of his cattle to market.

As a farm boy I saw the best and worst of animal husbandry and have been a vego for almost fifty years-  but also support the rights of meat eaters and their suppliers. If we phased out eating animal products whole species would no longer have a role and disappear from our world.

Perhaps the best thing the extreme animal lobby can do is reduce their own impact and not have kids.

• Like 1

The 'food chain' is why these crreatures were put on this Earth. Man is (almost) the odd one out. There are still others further up the food chain, given opportunity, sharks, lions, bears, et al. Take that away, and what else do they contribute?

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

They would have to find out what causes it first.  Nev

'IT' is not 'caused' by anything.

Babys are the result of being blessed by god. When my daughter told me that god had blessed them with another child, I was tempted to respond "Well luckily god doesn't bless ME", but I just replied, "Oh my goodness, I thought it was your husband's sperm that did it!".

We don't talk much these days.....  I'm not real good at this 'political correctness' stuff.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Haha 2