How are you filling in your day in lockdown?

red750

Now that the rain is here, we're having a fire most nights. Outside, because we don't have a fireplace inside.

I'm getting my exercise the old fashioned way, with bowsaw and axe. And dragging wood into big piles ready to burn. Wife stole the sparkplug out of my chainsaw - said I'd been making too much noise and too much firewood. Can't figure 'em, canya!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's surprised me, I'm no dancer at all - 2 left feet - but I do enjoy Zumba.

It will be good for stimulating your brain as well, Marty. Muscle memory etc.. The brain/foot & leg cordination is as important as the general fitness aspect of it.

That looks like a challenge. My cousin is cleaning out his shed and I asked him to look out for the starter motor for my 1932 Chev. It was taken off by his father before he can remember, and he is 70. He sent me a text yesterday to say he found it.

• Like 1

Plans for the coming week - convert this mess into a useable workshop space to get some projects done.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="shed.JPG]52293[/ATTACH]

You're well prepared for fires, anyway!! I count 4 extinguishers at least.

• Like 1

" While fooling around, badly tore my calf muscle. So out of it for a while and partner will have to wait on me hand and foot.. Silver lining, I guess! "

Welcome to my world !. LoL

NOW with this Nice new hip, No job is a chore If that's the spelling.

Just short of enthusiasm. And finding were the Bludy H, I put those tools, I used so may years ago.

Just managing to put my own shoes & socks on, all by myself.

spacesailor

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

You're well prepared for fires, anyway!! I count 4 extinguishers at least.

Marty, I was given a couple of dozen out of date freebies. Don't know how well they'll work, but there are so many of them that in the event of a fire I'm bound to get lucky somewhere along the line. Pressures are ok; I might turn the chemical CO2 ones upside down and belt them with a rubber hammer a few times before giving them a good shake. That would be the only problem, if things had settled on the bottom and gone hard.

A few are stored water types. Nothing goes wrong with them; at the most they might need the O ring replaced sometime during their life.

• Like 1

" While fooling around, badly tore my calf muscle. So out of it for a while and partner will have to wait on me hand and foot.. Silver lining, I guess! "

Welcome to my world !. LoL

NOW with this Nice new hip, No job is a chore If that's the spelling.

Just short of enthusiasm. And finding were the Bludy H, I put those tools, I used so may years ago.

Just managing to put my own shoes & socks on, all by myself.

spacesailor

Dammit SS, see where fooling around gets you?, now get back in that rocking chair........................ I'll fetch yer pipe and slippers :)

Just re-read that: Sorry SS...please re-direct my instructions to Mr Atrick

Edited by Red

Those stored water extinguishers can be useful. Not a lot of use for putting out fires though.

A long time ago, I worked for a Telco. (There was only one in Australia back then). Also back then, we were required to provide phone service to anyone who asked (eventually). However, Priority was given to a remote indigenous community on a small island in the Gulf. It was a dry community, with big penalties for bringing grog across. The elders diligently inspected the barge and gave our workers the all clear. A lot of equipment was shipped in each week.

But had they been in our camp that night, they might have thought those damn white fella's were real strange. They put their fire extinguishers in their fridge!!! Crazy, eh?

They never figured out that the lads had filled them with rum and coke and charged them with CO2 to keep them fizzy and easily dispensed for a nightcap at the end of the day! A true story that proves that necessity is the mother of invention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to use the stored water extinguisher years ago working in remote areas and got in the habit of emptying and refilling it every week. Also made a point of only using potable water; that way you always have a reserve supply of 9lt. of drinkable water. Only ever had to drink it once. It lasted a couple of days until we got to some good water. Tasted a bit musty, but better than the brackish water option.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Reply to # 60...Delco Remy foot operated on the floor near the dipswitch? It engages the pinion with the ring gear before the electrical connection is made. Almost identical to what's on early Cont 0-200's, 16 f's etc. With the plane you pull a cable... Nev.

Edited by Guest

Reply to # 60...Delco Remy foot operated on the floor near the dipswitch? It engages the pinion with the ring gear before the electrical connection is made. Almost identical to what's on early Cont 0-200's, 16 f's etc. With the plane you pull a cable... Nev.

Thats the one. Picture as found yesterday, and what i hope it will look like installed.

IMG_1731.thumb.jpg.1120e997d9333d84fadc24dcb62d9bf7.jpg

Starter.thumb.jpg.0a60cd1235367dada8ae98a6d7755494.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Thanks 1

Foot-operated starters! They were a great simple idea, before car and truck designers started making things complicated. :cheezy grin:

But the battery mounted under the floor was a dead loss. Had one old Chevy car grind to a halt on a rough bush track, because the bottom fell out of the battery holder, and the battery fell out onto the track! :cheezy grin:

• Sad 1

When I was 18 the boss asked me to fetch a Blitz truck. I had driven a TK Bedford but not a Blitz. The Blitz had a lever on the floor that you pulled to engage the starter, I could't figure it out. I had to walk back and tell the boss i didn't know how to drive it.

• Like 3

The NASH had it work on the last part of depressing the clutch pedal. How would you GET that unless it was explained to you? The place I worked at had several Blitz wagons Fords and Chev (1). Brand new with as quiet (mechanically) a motor as you would ever get. .Nev.

• Like 1