How are you filling in your day in lockdown?

red750

42 minutes ago, red750 said:

Besides, even if they were there, we couldn't visit them. We are covid positive and not permitted to leave the house. We can only deal with shops who have online ordering and contactless home delivery.

Down our way, the small shops offer delivery, the butcher I get my dog bones from does, as does the couple of green grocers in Hobart which provide mostly Tas grown produce. All those small business take orders over the ph and deliver in their area and they are way cheaper than coles or woolworths and their food is really fresh, compared to the over prices rubbish the big companies provide.

It's sad real competition has gone and all we have is rip off multinationals, another nail in the coffin of decent life and freedom of choice.

Hope you solve your problems, not good having to contend with lots of health issues and not being able to get decent food. The virus doesn't help at all and just makes it worse for you. We have sunshine today for the first time in a week, hope the sun shines on you and your family very soon.

Edited by Dax
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OME - But is it tight-fitting, and is there proper glass in the eyeholes? And is it stuffed with herbs to fend off the miasmas? What about the accompanying wand with the winged hourglass? You've got more work to do!  :cheezy grin:

https://www.isciii.es/QuienesSomos/CentrosPropios/MuseoISCIII/PublishingImages/Paginas/Visitas_acceso/June2016_Plague_doctor.pdf

• Like 1

Tight fitting - check

Glass lenses - check, clear plastic

Fragrant herbs - got to get some pot-pourri

Wand - check, length of broom handle

Doctor hat - check, my old folding leather hat

Neck to knee coat - check, my Drizabone.

I stand corrected. I thought that Plague Doctors appeared during the Black Death plague of the mid-1300's. However, the beaked mask and the rest of the outfit did not appear until the 1619 plague outbreak in Paris. You have to know that, although the Black Death was a massive pandemic, the disease remained right across Europe and Asia and Africa, then it was finally brought to the Americas and Australia. There was an outbreak in Sydney in 1900, and the disease hung around until 1910 when improved sanitation and pest control knocked it on the head.  https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/resources/bubonic-plague

Plague map shows where Black Death is still found today | World | News |  Express.co.uk

• Informative 1

10 hours ago, old man emu said:

Well, I'm doing something productive even though lockdown has finished. Nest Sunday is Halloween, and since our kids have taken up that obnoxious Yankee practice of trick or treating while wearing frightening costumes, I made a Plague Doctor mask for my grandson.

1490718213_PA255027(Medium).thumb.JPG.00336f092fa90f6bbebf0c1be8085301.JPG1773326198_PA255026(Medium).thumb.JPG.5e3b256a3055e8445a7930b662883bf0.JPG  image.jpeg.cee4be528bbf793f359299810983b92d.jpeg

That's amazing OME.  Great work.

• Thanks 1

He calls it the extended state of emergency for the pandemic. Three days ago he said there would be no more lockdowns. Lying prick. Talk about mixed messages - who is greasing his palm? Thousands at the races, 80,000 at the boxing day test, but no unjabbed tennis players.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

No unjabed Anywere ! Should be the answer.

Daniel Andrews will (with luck ) do what our federal government couldn,t.

Keep his people safe !.

If only the Quarantine law was upheld, what a difference our total deaths from covid would have been.

International law, 

BUT we're not responsible. Great political response. 

spacesailor

• Like 1