COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

they messaged me on the 23 rd.

I find it insulting that nowadays everyone is expected to have a smart phone; just like everyone is expected to have an arsehole. I'm getting sick and tired of lumping a 6 x 3 inch bit of glass around with me. It it's a Smartphone, how come it hasn't worked out that I don't want to access 27 thousand apps just to find out how many times I farted while reaching my 10,000 steps per day?

As I was packing up today, I came across the first mobile phone I had. It's 100m x 50 mm and I can send and receive audio with it. Did the job back then, but I don't think you can get anything that small today that works on the 4G or 5G networks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, red750 said:

Got a text from the medical centre to say my plan update appointment had been cancelled because the nurse conducting it was in isolation.

You know there's this really old device that lets two people exchange words, and even live pictures by wires in the ground. You can isolate by kilometres with it. It's called a dog and bone

image.jpeg.0dd1ec728d53f945f060804573da5504.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Half their luck.

I got it a couple weeks back, tested positive on the Friday (after work).

Hit me hardest that weekend, although I've had the flu worse.

So Monday rolls around, I'm in isolation all that week - but guess what?  I've been working from home so still have my work pc at home.  So muggins does 5 days of work, in fact working longer hours than normal, while if I'd left the work PC in the office I would have had a week off!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have to admit, I was sort of glad to hear the symptoms were coming out yesterday and today. Expect them to be at work fighting fit on Monday! (I don't even think we need to isolate anymore, or if we do, it is until we have 2 days in a row of negative LFT tests, and who knows if we do or don#t).

Of course, if they are not fit, then they are fired!

Not really, they will get to stay home a bit more.. As we all work from home at least 3 days a week, they can still work (where is that bloody whip I keep for these occasions??)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Co-bluddy-vid!

Damn all those b.... people who believe that a pandemic must only last as long as a news b... ccycle. Masks no longer mandated so masks no longer seen. Nobody told the virus that it's days are over once you reach the limit of human attention span.

Seems the vast halfvast populace of whining, shortsighted iggorant irriots have deemed that 'we are all over it, so now we'll ignore it and it will go away'.

And to hell with the risk to anybody silly enough to have comorbidities such as being over 60. Or any of the other myriad conditions that can change Covid-19 into a death sentence.

I was travelling to Qld to visit family when I got covid-19 symptoms. Now I am stuck on the east coast, isolating in a mmotel. Should I consider myself 'lucky' that it will only cost me about $1000 for the delay?

So far, for me,  it has been similar to a bad bout of 'flu. So I'm not expecting to drop off my perch, but I haven't started improving yet, either.

I'm just annoyed that the vast majority of people have behaved like naughty children, instantly abandoning the simple mild inconvenience of masking up, as soon as the could get away with it.

I'm pretty sure they would be annoyed if they went into a hospital and found that their surgeon didn't bother wearing mask when he operated on them...... "Oh, I didn't bother with a mask because I'm not likely to catch anything from you".

17856240.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1