COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

Co-bluddy-vid

Damn al l those b.... people who believe that a pandemic must only last as long as a news b... cycle. Seems the vast halfvast populace of whining, shortsighted iggorant irriots have deemed that 'we are all over it, so now we'll ignore it and it will go away'.

And to hell with the risk to anybody silly enough to have comorbidities such as being over 60 years of age.

I was travelling to Qld to visit family when I got covid-19 symptoms. Now I am stuck on the east coast, isolating in a motel. Should I consider myself 'lucky' that it will only cost me about $1000 for the delay?

In all probability I wouldn't have caught covid if everyone still wore masks in crowded places.

17856240.jpg

Edited by nomadpete
rant added
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1

When the mask mandate was dropped in Queensland, it became obvious that 99% of people were only wearing masks because they were forced to. Now the twits are all wondering why the Covid numbers are climbing and the hospital system is straining again. At least the Qld. government health department is now recommending mask wearing again. Some of the smarter ones might get the message.

• Like 1

I ma not sure who should have responsibility for each of these (e.g. isn't paid leave part of industrial relations and therefore covered under the various federal government acts); And wasn't it the federal government who made the decision not to supply free RAT tests, preferring their sponsors to rake in the profits - so the state had to step in?

Having said that, it would appear, as Swollen Pickles youtuber I posted on another thread), that DA has gone MIA. If he thinks sweeping it all under the carpet in an election year will bolster his chances, he is probably very wrong, and can be thankful that the Vic Libs are such a basket case, that they are wholly unelectable.

Mind you, the new federal government has allowed unvaccinated people into the country - what on earth are they thinking?

• Informative 1

It is not only un vaccinated people allowed in. Our whole quarantine system seems to have been abandoned. We now have Veroa mite, fire ants and foot and mouth which are not stopped by our border enforcers. I used to always come into contact with cattle when I went back to the UK on holiday and always declared that on my return. Got my shoes disinfected, Does that happen now? It would seem not.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Why can,t someone / anyone,  able to pull these lax Bureaucrats into the courts.

If by omission you brake the Law !, it,s not an excuse.

Quarantine is a very old law, & as such there is NO EXCUSE, for allowing a yacht or motor vessel into ANY country without SAFE procedures. 

Both times this shipping company has flouted our laws .

SO it beggers! . WHO WAS PAID OFF ?.

I was stopped for a minor affliction when entering Wellington NZ.

Cost me a doctors visit ( dr came to yacht  ) & certification ( 2 people  ) that l could SAFELY disembark. 

A contagious desease ( that can kill  ) would NOT have been allowed. & l would have been told to stay aboard untill it had run it,s course. Or l went elswere. 

spacesailor

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The problem seems to be at present that the various State Labor Govt Premiers are sh**-scared about coming out again with compulsory orders such as masks and lockdowns, simply because of the loud and persistent raging against "tyrannical Govt controls" by a small but vocal and persistent minority of the usual U.S.-extremist-following suspects.

These Premiers are running scared that any compulsory COVID orders now, will result in major political losses for them. However, the vast majority of people are supportive of what the Premiers have been trying to achieve, and are 95% compliant with any reasonable compulsory orders.

However, as always, the loud and aggressive and abusive members of the public who disagree with any form of "tyrannical Govt control", have a voice that is heard above the more realistic and quieter members of the community - and the Premiers are scared that this fear-mongering could cost them a lot of votes. As a result, the Premiers are taking a soft-pedal approach, which may or may not work.

I saw the figures for W.A. just a couple of days ago, and we have had 1,000,000 COVID cases out of a total State population of 2,667,000. That's a pretty scary percentage, and even more so, when you understand that as a State, we were pilloried for being the State that acted the harshest in its attempts to curb the pandemic.

As to the long COVID - it is definitely real. We've had a number of friends, relations and associates who have had COVID, and a big percentage of them say they are still having a real battle trying to make a full recovery, even many months afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey.. we spent £38bn... yes... £38bn on our track and trace.. and yeah it identified more, but then we had the highest death rates from COVID.. An the crux of the system... a broken spreadsheet that had to be split into two.. while the consultants took about $8k/day to implement and run it.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Where does this idea that we have a terrible Covid deathrate come from.

Australia has less than 500 deaths per million inhabitants. The USA has 3209 per million. That is the worlds highest rate. Singapore and India have lower rates than us as does China,

If Scumbag had had his way we would have been up there with USA and the government would have no problems with aged care not managing to keep up. There would have been no aged to care for.

• Informative 1

If that 500 per million  deaths !.

Were,

By road accidents all hell would break out. & draconian rules would be implicated. 

By the way !.

The government  has MISSED a rare chance to change to the  American driving system. 

As very few people were out, on the roads.

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Missed word

I once drove a LHD Peterbuilt truck, only for a short trip moving camp. The pedals were the same but the gearshift took some getting used to. The gearbox is the same whether LHD or RHD, so instead of first and reverse being away from you toward the passenger seat, they were right beside you. Instead of shifting low to high towards you, it was low to high away from you. Luckily it was on a dirt back road with no lanes.

My only other attempt was driving a F-100 in Nevada. I had a lot of trouble at intersections. I'd stop at the red light to turn right, then turn across into the left lane Australian style. I didn't cause any accidents, but my American friends wouldn't let me drive after that.

• Haha 1