COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

generally good public acceptance of vaccination.

Maybe that's because we are a very well educated nation compared to others. Also which of our children from the 1970s onwards haven't been vaccinated for some bacteria or virus? I remember getting polio shots and a multitude of tetanus shots. 

• Agree 2

Up at Windsor , the residents in the State Housing area are not getting as much help, as their " home owners " area neighbours  are.

AND NO insurance in one area. even thou they are in the same area as the " Home Owner " neighbour. ( both lost their cars & mowers )

A well run country !.

For some.

( i just follow someone on Facebuk )

spacesailor

Had my AZ jab an hour ago. I was waiting to feel the needle and the nurse says "All done". Sticks a wad of cotton wool on it and says "Go wait in the waiting room." and puts a sticker on my shirt with the time I can leave. No soreness of any kind ... yet. Flu jab 6th of May, second AZ on July 1.

• Like 3

24 hours since the jab, and the only possible side effect is a bit of tiredness. I say 'possible side effect' because I'm always feeling tired, so it may have nothing to do with the jab. I could almost fall asleep standing in the corner. Sometimes I doze off while here on the keyboarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

I had my jab a week ago, went into the Drs to ask if they were doing them and got an appointment for two days later. I think they would have jabbed anyone who asked and were doing about twelve per hour and that is at a small regional surgery, not in the city.

I had to make an appointment about a week beforehand. Carpark and waiting room full, mainly people sitting out their 15 minutes before being allowed to leave. I  feel mosquito bites more than I felt with the needle. No idea what some people were complaining about.

• 3 weeks later...

Hungary has released some data on their vaccination program. They have a bigger variety of vaccines in use than the other EU countries, using Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, SinoPharm and Sputnik V.

In overall data, Sputnik V tops the list, followed by Moderna, SinoPharm, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca coming last on the infection rate. Interesting to note that while AstraZeneca doesn't do well in infection prevention, it is in second place to Sputnik V in number of deaths per 100,000. That lines up with what we've been told about AstraZeneca; that although it has one of the lowest infection prevention rates, it's good at preventing serious complications of Covid.

It's important to note that this data wouldn't give the complete picture. Variables are not factored in, such as which vaccines are administered to which groups such as age categories and at risk groups. More time and number crunching would be needed to get an accurate comparison.

Hungary.png

Edited by willedoo
  • Informative 1

The media is doing a great beat up on the sad state of India with its outbreak of covid, but they never mention USA which has more active cases than India, also more serious cases and is only about 1/3 the population number of India.

Just pray that Scotty doesn't get his way with letting others into Australia or the media will be singing our swansong.

I really cannot see how getting us all evacuated will prevent Covid getting here and once it gets a good foothold we will have it and its mutants forever more.

• Agree 1

I have just seen that the government is proposing to provide the Covid vaccine to olympic athletes and let them back into the country without quarantine. Given that the government has stated that the vaccine will not prevent you getting the virus I doubt the sanity of both the government and their medical advisers.

Athletes can catch the virus, come back to Aus. and go straight into the community. How stupid is that?

• Like 1

When this government has vaccinated Most of the population.

We colectivly Can l will catch a dose of ' covert flue ', But will hopefully not need hospitalization !.

Thats a huge saving for the government AND your two or three weeks home in bed will be off your wages.

spacesailor

2 hours ago, Yenn said:

I have just seen that the government is proposing to provide the Covid vaccine to olympic athletes and let them back into the country without quarantine. Given that the government has stated that the vaccine will not prevent you getting the virus I doubt the sanity of both the government and their medical advisers.

Athletes can catch the virus, come back to Aus. and go straight into the community. How stupid is that?

Where did you hear they were going straight back into the community?  I heard 2 weeks hotel quarantine. 

In any cases holding the Olympics during a pandemic is the height of folly - yes sorry to all those athletes who have put their all into getting there, but there are some things more important than sports.  How would they feel if they got it, passed it on (which does happen even in quarantine), and with contact tracing now we can tell if that subsequently caused someone's death.  Was the gold medal worth it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Yenn said:

The media is doing a great beat up on the sad state of India with its outbreak of covid, but they never mention USA which has more active cases than India, also more serious cases and is only about 1/3 the population number of India.

I don't think hospitals in the US are running out of oxygen to administer to patients. Whilst the US may have more cases all up they also have a first world health system. 

Edited by octave
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

...Only if you can afford it. If you're poor in America, and have no health insurance, you might as well be in India.

The suggestions was that the situation in India was a beat up by the media and that it was not as bad in India as it is in the US.   I dont think in the US people are dying in the street.  Whilst it is true that many in the US can't afford health insurance people usually receive at least emergency care,  they may end up hugely in debt though.  I think to say you are no better off in the US than in India as a poor person is a bit of a stretch.