COVID-19 Virus.

Phil Perry

What does it matter Quarantine is only a federal government responsibility. That is according to the constitution. There has been an enquiry into the Ruby Princess and it was a whitewash, absolving the government of responsibility, or maybe it was just an incompetent enquiry as we are seeing with a lot of enquiries and Royal Commissions lately.

There has not been any exact means of transmission reported, at least in Victoria. But one can assume that they did not follow the protocols laid down. Either collected in groups illegally, failed to wear a mask, breached social distancing rules, failed to properly wash/sanitise hands, etc. There may have been cases where the virus was picked up from surfaces, such as hand rails, door handles, shopping trolleys, etc. However, this information has not been provided.

• Like 1

Ha ha!  It looks like I'm not alone in proposing the theory of The Donalds COVID-19 affliction being just another one of his multitude of political tricks! 

I like the quote from Michael Moore (famed documentary maker) ....

“There is one absolute truth about Trump: He is a consistent, absolute, unrelenting, fearless, and professional liar,” Moore wrote.

“So why on earth would we believe him today?”

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/bizarre-conspiracy-theory-trump-is-faking-covid19-positive-to-swing-election/news-story/19ddc1bcc5adc071037464e6926b92bf

Edited by onetrack

Here's what an Australian expert said about anti-body treatments in general. Watch him talking, then click on the number 2 video which contains the comments from the Australian expert.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-coronavirus-president-releases-video-from-walter-reed-medical-centre/8891539a-1093-460b-bdb4-8eba244e5446

What you have to realise is that research into new medicines goes through a lot of proving steps before this year's discovery is released to the public. That's what our pharmaceutical control laws are there for - to get rid of snake oil salesmen. At this stage, something that researchers have an idea might work is still in the early stages. People volunteer to be guinea pigs for these treatments and good ol' Donald J is stepping into the firing line for his countrymen. 

He has already said in his recently released video that if the treatment works, then it's God's gift to the American people. Unfortunately, if it works and he gets better, it might upstage God's earlier gift to the American people - DJ himself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't like how bureaucrats get to decide about new drugs. The problem is our legal system which makes a drug company liable but does not make withholding a drug which could have saved a life a problem.

I would like there to be an " informed consent" law which absolved the company from liability if they disclosed everything properly and the patient agreed to try the new drug.

Suppose there are long-term effects? Do we wait 20 years for tests? What about the people who die in the meantime?

Just suppose there was a pill to cure cancer... If I was dying, I would like to try the new pill at my own risk .

Bruce, many people won't agree with me, but I firmly believe, and I've said it before, when your number is up, your number is up. It's purely a matter of how.

You could be hit by a falling tree/branch, hit by a bus, taken by a shark, or catch coronavirus. If it is your turn, nothing will prevent it. If it is not your turn, then you will survive. Look at the Dean Jones case. Here was a man who was not expected to die, but suffered a heart attack. Brett Lee performed CPR, but he still died. It was his time. Then there those who were attacked by a shark, may have lost a lim but survived. It was not their time. I've been in a crash that wrote off two cars, passed out because my pulse dropped below 30 bpm, and survived cancer. It was not my time. I could be sitting in the back yard, doze off and not wake up, that would be my time.

I guess the question I would have Red750 is this. If we take the proposition that "when it's your time then that's it" seems to suggest that the actions we take are not relevant (I disagree with this).   I have some cardiac problems and I firmly believe that my adherence  to healthy living as well as taking medication as prescribed will be the main factor in my future health.  When flying I have always been of the opinion that how well I adhere to safety procedures is crucial to my safety.    This does not ensure a 100% safety factor, someone might collide with me or perhaps one of hundreds of random factors that could go wrong. The person who drops dead from an unexpected heat attack will have had an undiagnosed condition, theses things are not random (in my opinion)

• Like 1

I've always believed keeping the bathplug in firmly stops me getting eaten by sharks. The more careful you are the safer you get.. IF everyone  has a" times up" end coming, who is designing the complex interactions that ties it all together. without some inexplainable phenomenon being evident. Physics is a universal law. Just WHEN did something happen that defied gravity or anything else relating to laws of Physics ? Any such happening would far reaching consequences. Believe and you shall  (have great things happen) Do that and great things happen to he who sold you a piece of junk. Life doesn't teach you to just believe ANYTHING .  Have a few narrow escapes and you will believe GOD has something special instore for you  or that you are Invincible. Both somewhat delusional.  In reality you've just been lucky  None of us are as important as we might like to think we are.. .Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1

If and when this virus problem is all over there will be many church services thanking God for delivering us from death by Covid. The priests will be revelling in it' I won't be there because it believe it was Gods will that we all die from Covid, to relieve the pressure of excessive people on all the other organisms god made.

Seriously though this could be what changes the human race. Like it or not. Nothing else seemes to work to stabilise our numbers.

We will have to reduce our numbers by several billion to make a difference. 2.5 Billion in 1950 when I was born, now there are 7.8 billion. Even WW2 that killed over 50 million didn't stop the growth. Officially Covid has killed just over a million in 10 months, not even a gnats hair chink in the planets population surge.

Trump got back to the White house today, still contagious & immediately took his mask off & aides were seen milling about also without masks. He says he feels better than even 20 years ago (lie 21,000 and something) & urged everyone to get back to normal. Winter is not far off & the infection rate is surging again so deaths in the US will hit 300,000 fairly soon. Most of the White House staff will have it by now and a lot republican senators & congressmen are becoming infected also. Crazy times in the craziest place on earth.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kgwilson said:

We will have to reduce our numbers by several billion to make a difference. 2.5 Billion in 1950 when I was born, now there are 7.8 billion. Even WW2 that killed over 50 million didn't stop the growth. Officially Covid has killed just over a million in 10 months, not even a gnats hair chink in the planets population surge.

Trump got back to the White house today, still contagious & immediately took his mask off & aides were seen milling about also without masks. He says he feels better than even 20 years ago (lie 21,000 and something) & urged everyone to get back to normal. Winter is not far off & the infection rate is surging again so deaths in the US will hit 300,000 fairly soon. Most of the White House staff will have it by now and a lot republican senators & congressmen are becoming infected also. Crazy times in the craziest place on earth.

Strangely enough he may not have been lying that one time - apparently the steroids they have him on give a temporary sense of euphoria.

However they certainly didn't improve his brainpower, tweeting "don't be afraid of Covid - don't let it dominate your life" or whatever the stupid bugger said, is only going to encourage more community transmission and death.