GRIPES

Phil Perry

THE AFP GRIPE.

I have long held fears for the integrity of the afp. For some time now. Recommend an article in the Guardian where the police association says that being under Dutton's ministry leaves them vulnerable to political direction. Could be that this is just a ploy. Seeing a Labor victory is inevitable they want to whitewash history. They persued Slipper with a vengeance, not so memorable in chasing errant Libs

It will be rare for him to get anywhere IF the present mob stay there. Their favourite "legal eagles" got severely reprimanded for abusing the court process. for political purposes. Very gutsy determination. which we need more of.. Not a lot said about it in the Press (MSM) tho. Not unsurprisingly. Nev

• 4 weeks later...

Pet hate of the day: "biweeklly" when people mean fortnightly! spacer.png

Someone said let's have a biweekly, so I threw one in their calendar for every Tuesday and Thursday.. "Oh! You meant FORTNIGHTLY!!!!" I think he got the message.

[edit]

of course if the fairer of the fairer sex said let's do it biweekly when they meant fortnightly, and agreed to my definition, I would excuse them

[/edit]

If I was still allowed to do "it" bi-weekly, or even fortnightly, I'm sure I'd remember what "it" is... Or rather , was.

As things stand I do try weekly, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Maybe bi-weekly works for you, but not I keen to try that , cos I really just want to do it with my wife.

If I was still allowed to do "it" bi-weekly, or even fortnightly, I'm sure I'd remember what "it" is... Or rather , was.

As things stand I do try weekly, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Maybe bi-weekly works for you, but not I keen to try that , cos I really just want to do it with my wife.

Tri-weekly - and you can't remember what "it" is??? I'd see a doctor if I were you! spacer.png

These days, my best is tri-meekly...

• 1 month later...

I can beat that gripe...For 14 years now living in Melbourne we have had Braemar ducted heating and now wishing we were on the Sunshine Coast even if it is overcast. Every 2 years the Braemar unit breaks down with the main circuit board failing. Now get this, it is always within a few weeks of every 2 years, it is always on a Friday evening leaving us without heat for up to a week as the Braemar service don't work on the weekend and it is always the Friday before a cold snap.

Two years ago we got sick of it so we replaced the whole unit with a brand new one...it is 2 weeks short of 2 years and it failed again and again on a Friday and again just before the current cold snap. The only company allowed to fix our unit due to area ownership is a company called Darebin Gas who always come out and say some crap like water had got into the system so they don't have to fix it under warranty and demand payment up front of about $700. If I decide no I want a 2nd opinion I can't get one and I have to pay them $150 call out and they leave the unit in pieces.

Well, today I finally got the company that installed the unit to come out and check it and they say the electronics board has failed and there is absolutely no water in it, no marks of any kind of previous moisture so the unit being only 2 years old is under warranty and they will advise Seeley/Braemar.

But also get this, the unit comes with a 5 year warranty. However if the unit was 4 years and 50 weeks old and the electronic board fails, the brand new electronics board they put in only has 2 weeks warranty even though when the unit was new the electronics board gets a 5 year warranty.

There is something very very wrong with Braemar and Darebin Gas...there is something very very wrong with a unit that fails every 2 years almost to the day, always on a Friday and always right before a cold snap.

Figure that one out...do I have a GRIPE?

Gosh Ian, and it was the worst cold snap I can remember.

Recently, I was looking at heated jackets in Bunnings and wondering if one of these would be better than a heater for my Jabiru in winter. They only draw a couple of amps at 12 volts and although the bulk of the jacket might make it a bit uncomfortable , at least it wouldn't kill you from carbon monoxide poisoning. You could easily plug into the aircraft power system and it shouldn't cause any breakers to trip. They are designed for outside use where you would have a battery in a pocket.

Dunno if this is much of an idea in a cold house though.

Took delivery of a brand new caravan last week and took it on a shakedown cruise. Haven’t left the bitumen. Exhaust fan doesn’t work. Light in dunny doesn’t work. Handle for TV antenna fell off. Knob on awning fell off. All will be fixed under warranty I guess, but it is like buying a Leyland in 1975.

I bought a leyland p76 in 1974. $2500 brand new, 4 on the floor, it went for 600,000k but the wife demanded I get rid of it as it was unfashionable.

Recently, this car-restorer guy nearly wept when I told him how I sold it for $900 in about 1980. The restorer guy said they were worth big money now.

It was the last car I truly understood, any pipe or wire under the hood and I could tell you what it did and what would happen if you cut it.