The Random thought thread

spenaroo

I am not saying its untrue, either. I remember when I took my driving test, I thought a driving examiner would be a fantastic job., Then I looked up the pay and thought, what the?

I have no evidence to back this up and I have never known a driving instructor, but on thay pay with the workload and no doubt administrative reports to write, I can imagine a few of them passing people they should be failing as it will be in the too hard basket to fail them. In other words, it may happen, but I doubt it would be driven by a "woke" agenda.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1

It was me who was the driver inconvenienced by the black woman driving on the wrong side of the road. No I didn't find out more, I just assumed it would have been racist to fail her. She seemed to me to be able to drive the car, it was her lack of regard to safety of others that I reckon was the problem, and this may not have shown up at the driving test I agree.

A brother of a brother-in-law once "trained" some indigenous in the operation of earthmoving gear. He failed them all, and I thought he lose his job as a result. This may well have been correct for the NT,  but he has not been sacked from SA Tafe, which was his substantive job.( He sure has not been asked back to the NT again).

• Informative 1

Me too, old k. I relate to having a look and climbing back into a shell.

I hasten to say that the brother of the brother-in-law has some aboriginal blood in him, enough to tick the box and get offered more jobs than a whitefeller gets offered. Yes, the Brother-in-law has exactly the same ancestry. I never knew of this until he applied for and got royalties from Roxby Downs.

• Informative 1

It's amazing how badly educated Americans are, based on their Facebook posts, often when correcting someone elses post.

There was a post discussing different spellings in different countries. The original poster commented that a word was spelt in a certain way in European countries like France, Spain and Italy.

The person correcting (?) said Spain was not in Europe, it was in South America.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Many seek Paradise, but few find it; those that do often make the mistake of telling everyone else and pretty soon Paradise is Lost!

A flying mate has used a few caravan trips to reconnoitre remote airstrips with a pub and bore baths. Only after being sworn to secrecy has he taken us on a flying trip to them.

• Like 2

On 18/10/2023 at 8:52 AM, onetrack said:

I can't believe you flew over Paradise, and missed it!  Everyone is dying to go there!

I've been there; it's easy to get there. Just turn east off Claude Road on to Paradise Road. It's only a few kilometres east of Promised Land.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1