The Random thought thread

spenaroo

And then what?

doesn't stop him from doing it again.

could take a pound of flesh and wont make a difference to the decision making and mental process

you want to correct behavior,

its a full time process over years with qualified medical professional's - and even then no garantee.

But put evil people in prison and no-one blinks.
but kids under 24/7 supervision in an medical facility - especially if sedated/medicated and everyone loses their mind.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, red750 said:

Re-introduce flogging.

Yes.. Einstiens theory of insanity - keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Sadly, pollies have to balance what works with retaining votes of a blood baying public..

If there was the will, we could fix many of these sorts of issues with early identification and positive, sympathetic interventions..

Sadly, society doesn't place much value on that and would prefer corporate welfare rather than people welfare.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Aldoux Huxley  had the answer but sadly the experts called it dystopian fiction.

He identified the problem - parents are not experienced in raising children, and since the revelation "give me the child for the first 7 years and I will show you the man",  they took the kids into care from birth and had experts raise them.

Maybe we should have an aptitude test prior to issuing the Permit To Breed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Maybe we should have an aptitude test prior to issuing the Permit To Breed.

Can’t find it now, but I saw a suggestion, probably from a feminist:

At puberty, every boy should have a compulsory vasectomy and it will only be surgically reversed when a female agrees in writing to bear his children.

• Like 2

But that ' same '  " anti- pregnancy " correction,  used on females only requires an ' injected DMPA , 

" Birth control injection " .  Three month dose at the moment. 

Without an operation,  ( Vasectomy ),  that becomes permanent over time, ' without cure '.

Then again Ukraine requires " Canon fodder " .

soacesailor

As the twig is bent, so grows the tree. The child's behaviour is the result of the behaviour of the parents/community. Trying to turn around a couple of generations of mis0used opportunity is like trying to turn an aircraft carrier by using a toothpick for a rudder.

We on this forum are the fortunate ones who have either been given or made our own opportunities. I have said again and again, it is  housing, health and heducation which are the foundations of a community's well-being. 

• Like 3

The tree will grow towards the light in actual fact. You can make analogies fit whatever you like. Mine would fit the shining example, inspirational way..   We don't see a lot of good examples, and I don't think Morrisons new book will help either. I think it's called "My God ate my homework" Nev

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is the UK becoming more like Australia.. On the way home on Wednesday evening, I stoped for a bite to eat, and as I parked, a tow truck and atop the tray was what used to be a normal sight - an Aussie VH Charger -= replendent in its original burnt orgasney colour with the black GT stripes. And this morning, wehen I went to get my Friday treat from the local servo, a bloke gets out of a tradies ute, sporting a blue tang top and shorts - which may well have been Yakka clothinng - and a well looked-after mullet- something I have not seen on these shores before (except Earls Court and Shephers Bush, when Aussies infested the place).

And now we have a rather unpopular PM who is as obvious as SFM with being in the fossil fuel company's pockets.. and rolling back progress on renewables.

I tell ya, the convicts are returning!

😉

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2

the best thing abos ever did was to paddle up the thames and discover england. They claimed it for the aboriginal nation of Australia, and after meeting some indigenous poms, they declared the country to be "terra nullius"

PS No convicts ever in SA, and the local abos were protected too at least in legal theory.

• Haha 1

Jerry, I'm on a few UK websites and let me assure you the term" felon" as in descendants of, is still used. ALL my ancestors on both sides were free settlers and go back to the mid 1800's. In some circles here to not have convict ancestry is a disadvantage.  I personally could not care less.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1