More Trivia

willedoo

1 hour ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

2 mins ? It stood out like a sore thumb (for once)

I said 10 sec. It was more like less than 5 sec. On the FB screen the photo was too large to see in one go, you had to scroll down, which took up the time - search the top part till you had to scroll down.

1 hour ago, red750 said:

I said 10 sec. It was more like less than 5 sec. On the FB screen the photo was too large to see in one go, you had to scroll down, which took up the time - search the top part till you had to scroll down.

I was referring to the caption in the picture...

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Found this on one of those clickbait sites. I've probably hit the F and J keys on a keyboard a million times and never realised they both have a horizontal raised ridge below the letter. Supposedly for ease of navigation, and I'd assume for people who can type without looking at the keys. Unlike myself who uses two index fingers and must watch them closely.

I've always had dark keyboards which might explain never having seen the bumps. Either that or I'm just plain stupid.

aXer0uySStNL1Ovb.png

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I prefer the " Alphanumeric " keyboard. 

Only needs one hand,

The QWERTY type is an arrangement to help ' mechanical keys '  from jamming together. 

Even the ' calculator 'has been, " improved " with ' reversed Polish notation . ( Jan Lukasiecz ) .

spacesailor

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, old man emu said:

Those bumps are to help you position your index fingers. Then your other fingers are over the keys they operate.

image.png.f43cfb0b597213a01d78a1e14fbe0f04.png

This diagram shows which fingers use which keys.

image.png.d52f2a3616ceaefbbba078b19333da77.png

I taught myself to use this system; it wasn’t easy to learn, but worth the effort. 

• Informative 1