More Trivia

willedoo

The answer that was really wanted, was, "I can't find any number that's not 803!"  :cheezy grin:

The quiz is directly related to the quality of your eyesight, and the size on the screen. I didn't try, but I guess if you magnified the image, the answer/s would be found very rapidly, even by someone with poor eyesight.

Quizzes that test your mental dexterity, rather than visual acuity, are far better, IMO.

Edited by onetrack

Same as the ' test ' question in Raa certification. " what causes icing " the answer was  "   moisture in the air !.

Which makes " mcmurdo Valley Antarctica " great for my little petrol engine ! .if l could use FROZEN SOLID PETROL.

While Darwin NT is the worst place, as the moisture content is Very high.

spacesailor

Yes Pete, for every profile there are at least 5 photos, and there are at least 2 copies of most photos. It is amazing how many people upload photos to the internet without post-processing. You do an image search online and download the photos you require. Then these need to be resized to the standard format I use. All my photos on the profiles are 750x422 (16:9) format. Most downloads are much larger and often in 4:3 format (too much sky or foreground). Some are smaller and need enlarging. Cropping them makes the subject look much closer. Then there are the photos where the subject is some distance from the camera and looks small in the image. Sometimes there are distracting objects in the foreground. Again, cropping or cloning takes care of these problems. Often photos are not well exposed, and are too dark or too light. When a photo is edited, my software saves an original copy to a subfolder in case I need to re-edit it, as well as saving the edited version. Not many photos come directly out of the camera perfect. I'm no expert, I don't have Photoshop on this computer. I use a free download editor that does everything I need.

• Like 1

The trouble with most software is that the developers pack so many abilities into it that to learn all of them takes constant use over months. How many of us know how to use all the features of MS-Word? It took me a couple of weeks to create an emergency evacuation route diagram using a simple program. I tried to create something in a CAD program I used to use, but forgot how just to enter the desired length of a line. 

The developers do a good job, and the resultant software is great, but is often too complex to do simple tasks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If you will forgive my showing off, I have attached a .pdf of the Order of Service I created for my wife's memorial, using MS Publisher.

I took a Word and a Publisher format file to Officeworks, and they couldn't print them - their system undid the formatting. I had to come home and save it as a .pdf.

Publication2.pdf

• Informative 2

PDF is always better for sharing because the format doesn't change.  I sent out birthday invites on Word and depending on the recipient's settings, it appeared differently.  So I saved it as PDF and everyone got it as it's meant to appear.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I wouldn't send any editable document to anyone. A pdf can't be edited by anyone easily but anyone can modify a word document. Also I don't use any microsoft products, especially their office suite that they want you to keep paying for. I use Open Office which is free from Apache Software. Libre Office is another free system. Both are easier to use with more features that microsoft office. Same with Email. Microsoft email is appalling. I have Mozilla Thunderdird for all 6 of my email accounts & have them all on the same page & bluemail on my phone. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1