Australian Federal Election 2022

Jerry_Atrick

This election will be another entertaining period of interesting headlines from Fairyfax, Medork and Sky.

Will they convince the punters that Aged Care and Health Care are not in crisis? Or that ordering tanks and submarines is more important than the above, or more important than an independant integrity (or anticorruption) committee?

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1

The religious discrimination bill was to wedge Labor.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It is just proof where this rabble's interests lie - bugger the pandemic, bugger the economy, bugger the shutting businesses and kids going back to school and people dying of neglect in age care - the only thing they think is worthwhile doing is to attempt to wedge the opposition.

Now we have Dutton claiming that Albanese is owned by the Chinese.  Stupid, dangerous, and a lie - designed solely to dog-whistle the right wing retards who listen to shock jocks and watch Sky News in the hope of not losing too many QLD seats.

This election is going to get very messy and I guarantee 90% of the dirty tricks will be by this desperate government.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

There's an AWFUL similarity to Trump Imitation.. Dutton is a rotter who stops at nothing. Albo should request a confirmation from ASIO. I know who is the bigger risk to the Country and it's not Albanese. There's NOTHING in Albos actions that could justify Duttons wild allegations. Nev

• Agree 3

"HE" makes up the rules as he goes.  Like once elected, there's NO NEED for Parliament to sit. Would HE still propose that  if they were in the minority? Of course NOT!.

The Federal Government INCLUDES Her Majesty's LOYAL Opposition and they who occupy the Opposition Benches are just as ELECTED as any one else is in the House of Reps. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

When a government is on the ropes… (appeals to patriotism are usually the last resort of a scoundrel).

The Potato has been hammering away at Albo, claiming a Labor government would be soft on China. 
Monumental hypocracy, given how a previous LNP government cow-towed to the Red Emperor and sold off a big slice of our country to him!

https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/02/16/coalition-news-corp-china-australia/

• Agree 1

Darn it.. there was a meme that came though my instagram feed which I can't find now. It was fantastic. The top picture was a photo of Mrs Morrison on some TV show with the subtitle that all she wishes for is that people be polite and descent.. the bottom photograph was SFM with his back turned to the front bencher of the opposition in an apparently rude gesture... Funny how the press don't play these sorts of things - or ask why the double standards?

If I see it again, I will post it, as it was far better than I have described.

• 1 month later...

In the 2022 Federal Election pre-season competition, Labor has had a resounding win over the Conservatives in South Australia. The Federal headquarters of the Liberals will claim that the SA election is not an indicator of a Federal result because the SA election was about State issues. But was it?

Cory Wingard, who was transport minister, won the seat of Gibson in Adelaide's southern suburbs in 2018 on a margin of 10 per cent. The State seat of Gibson was the site of a controversial rail crossing proposal at Hove, which was eventually scrapped after the preferred project option failed to secure support from the federal government. Perhaps that failure has lead to his demise. But what about the other loses? The result in Gibson is another blow for the Liberals, who  had electoral ignominy inflicted upon them by Labor and its leader Peter Malinauskas, losing a projected seven seats — six of them to the ALP, and one to an independent.

As the Grand Final of the  main competition season approaches, will we see massive pork barrelling in South Australia, and other seats nationwide where the Conservatives are getting to be on the nose? Or will Labor campaign strongly until the Wednesday before the election when the Conservatives will throw a "Hail Mary pass", destroying Labor's chances at the eleventh hour?

The "Hail Mary" pass: That last second, long shot attempt for a losing football team to come from behind and win the game. The term "Hail Mary" was used by Staubach, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback speaking following a game, which the Cowboys won in the last seconds. The win was so unexpected that the phrase spread beyond sports. It slowly became the term for anybody that was kind of in trouble, but had a hope to succeed. Once it was "on a wing and a prayer", and now a "Hail Mary pass" is used in politics and business for an act that saves the day.

• Informative 1

Anthony Albanese paid an electioneering visit to W.A. - and couldn't even arrange a photo op with the State (Labor) Premier, Mark McGowan!

He sort of slipped in and shuffled around for a couple of days, in low-profile mode, and I reckon three quarters of the people in W.A. didn't even know he was here!

Mark McGowan was apparently just too busy to have a big photo-op session with him. It might be that McGowan knows a loser when he sees one!

Meantimes, Scotty barrels into W.A. and ensures the media gets a pile of photos of him and McGowan being good buddies! Of course, ScoMo threw a pile of cash around while he was here, that was more than Albo could do!

But now the Libs have a wonderful set of photos of McGowan and ScoMo cosying up - absolute gold in any Federal election campaign!

I personally reckon McGowan has sniffed the wind, and has decided that the piss-weak Federal Labor showing, is only ensuring that the Libs and Nats will just scrape back in again on preferences!

Word is that Clives political campaign, based on bigger and better lies than anyone else, has already suckered in 4% of the dopey voters - enough to ensure that the upcoming Federal election will be a repeat of the last Federal election! Can you believe it? I reckon I can.

• Informative 2
  • Confused 1

That's one way to look at it.  Another is that the WA voters overwhelmingly supported their Labor premier against the idiocy of Scomo and the legal shenanigans of that clown Palmer, so they hopefully would continue that line by giving Scomo a hefty kick in the balls come voting day.

Albo may be a bit weak on the hustings but he hasn't got the track record of dishonesty and mismanagement that Scomo has given himself, so I remain cautiously optomistic.

I should put $100 on Scomo to win.  That might put a jinx on him, or at least if he wins, I get some cash to assuage the pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, onetrack said:

ScoMo threw a pile of cash around while he was here, that was more than Albo could do!

I told you that we are going to see a massive amount of pork-barrelling by the Conservatives. It's an insult to the electorate for a political party to prostitute itself to gain power. And of course Albo, nor the Greens nor Palmer could go throwing money about like ScoMo, simply because the others don't hold the purse strings.  

Perhaps this pork-barrelling will backfire on the Libs with the news that they had $4B set aside for disaster mitigation and they didn't spend a brass razoo of it before people's property was destroyed where preventative work could have reduced the effects of floods and fires.

Also does the average voter rally care that the Economy is growing and that unemployment is at low levels? Work an hour a week and you are not unemployed? What a twisted, anti-social definition of "employment". 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I always think it's a bit cynical of them, no matter which side is in power, to suddenly start announcing all these big projects and funding. If it's such a great idea, why don't they do it early in their term. They will only deliver a fraction of what they promise.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1