Australian Federal Election 2022

Jerry_Atrick

45 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Oh please stop it!

What with the way that masses of humans displaying a total lack of reasoning in the Trump saga, and Covid selfishness and denial......

I'd already lost all hope for the human race.

Now I'm still trying to get over watching the theatrics of Question Time yesterday. To think that the second most important MP in Australia was beet faced and ranting anti 'other party' insults (avoiding addressing a question), then paused to calmly ask 'Mr Speaker, how am I doing , so far?' only to resume his embarrassing tirade.... And I agonisingly realised that this mob will in all probability be placed in power for yet another term of insulting our collective intelligence ......

OldK, your inverted pyramid is no joke. It represents the demographic of our electorate.

I was depressed before. Now my alcohol expenditure is sure to go through the roof.

While I agree with everything you said, I'd like to point out that the deputy PM is always beet faced.

• Haha 1

NO . Sometimes he is almost normal.(face colour wise). QT is completely farcical at the moment. The fact they behave as they do means they think it's fooling you. Repeat big Lies often and they are believed. That's what is being done. Goebells showed that, Trump uses it. ALL the cultist political entities use it. You are being treated as a sucker.  Nev

• Agree 1

I failed my own good judgement. My excuse is that it started raining and when I came inside, I watched the least repulsive daytime television.

Parliament theatrics make 'How Green is my Cactus' look like a kind parody.

How can a simple question that requires a 'yes' or 'no' answer, result in minutes of irrelevent childish railing against their perceived opponents? And a speaker who rules that such ranting is relevant to a question?

When I was in school, any debater using such tactics would have been thrown out of the debating team.

Aaaaaargh!

Maybe I should have watched 'Days of our Lives'......

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 2

You ask a reasonable question based on known FACTS and you get a tirade of abuse and vilification for daring to ask it. Are we going to be subject to MONTHS of this Bull$#1t?   What a gross example to show the youth of the Country of how to conduct yourself and lead the Country  Nev. 

• Winner 1

12 hours ago, facthunter said:

What a gross example to show the youth of the Country of how to conduct yourself and lead the Country  Nev. 

Sadly, they believe this is an ethical method to lead the country; achieve vested interests at all costs.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/tapping-the-pork-barrel-how-the-yarra-divides-millions-in-grants-20211203-p59eo2.html

(Again, use private mode if it is a paywall)...

I wouldn't beget the sitting government spending a bit more on their voters and those who may vote for them.. but the disparity is alarming.. Yes, just grants, but is this the tip of the iceberg?

And remember, the age/smh is a nine owned paper.. so Costello's own rag is not painting a great picture.

The whole pork barrelling of grants (which I see as virtually bribes).....

I wonder how much it actually swings the votes? If I hear that a government has just made a grant to my local bowls club, I'd be very thankful, but it wouldn't make me change my vote to them on election day.

To my cynical thinking, pork barrelling is a confirmation of shallow self interests at play.

54 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

The whole pork barrelling of grants (which I see as virtually bribes).....

I wonder how much it actually swings the votes? If I hear that a government has just made a grant to my local bowls club, I'd be very thankful, but it wouldn't make me change my vote to them on election day.

To my cynical thinking, pork barrelling is a confirmation of shallow self interests at play.

Consciously, it would depend on one's disposition - but remember most voters vote based on how well their guts are full.. If it is going OK and the party in power mixes it with a dose that it is all under threat by the other fella.. well you may just want to stay voting with the one that keeps your gut full.

Otherwise, we may all vote for these guys: https://www.australianravingloonyparty.com.au/

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think Joe Voter is quite as amoral as your average LNP politician.  

Pork-barrelling is just another way of saying "We're going to give you more than your fair share of money which has been entrusted to us by all taxpayers, which means the other guy over there is going to get less than his fair share.  We think you're greedy enough that this extra money will wipe away all your doubts about our ability to organise a root in a brothel."

you only have to listen to any LNP politician to realize that they consider the amount of money they splash about is a sign of how good they are at government.

It is only a few words into any LNP pollies answer to a media question and you will hear "the Morrison government has put X many billions into this scheme"

Maybe they have put the money in and maybe they haven't but want you to think they have, but apart from that most of the money they throw at problems is wasted. It does not go to those in need, but to the pockets of those proffessing to be fixing the need. Aged care and child minding are a couple of great examples of waste. Don't mention the NDIs.

I think a lot of people would be happy to have Largess showered on them if they knew they could get away with it. Senator Harradine (TAS) developed it into an art form. ABot showered ridiculously generous bribes on anyone he tried to get to go with him on his minority Government. Of course the MONEY used belongs to the Taxpayer. It doesn't come out of Party funds.. Wagga was doing well from Federal and State sources.. The NP get their way by straight blackmail. They'll pull the roof down if they don't get their way. Precious little Darlings they are.  Nev

Are they a well hung parliament or a parliament that should be hung?

PMT and his mob has for ever been turning australian voters into  "Me" electorate. Every thing they say has been to show how much money they have showered on us and to also imply that if we vote for them we will get more. 

Problem is that most of the money just disappears into their mates poockets.

Now PMT has the temerity to say that there will be no more lockdowns and imply that it is all because of his good governance, when we all know that it was his bad governance that made the state governments step in and do what the feds decided was not their problem. Now he is promoting common sense, which is something he really does not want us to use.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

• 4 weeks later...

Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.
These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.
Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.
It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.
In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.
This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

you cannot lie if someone else fills in the forms for you. Pity Scumbag doesn't have someone else to speak for him. He reckons he doesn't lie but that is false. The pity is that the media doesn't seem to know when he is lying.

• Like 1