God help America

red750

I think its the end.

will the USA survive another trump presidency - yes.

will the republican party - maybe, if Trump has a clear successor.

This will be his last term - he cant run again after this, so what happens in a few years time when that power vacuum hits?
I think at this stage its pretty much guaranteed he'll win. Biden was the wrong choice 4 years ago - and its bitten the Democrats hard.

but if they lose - they have a good chance to rebuild and dominate the next decade (if they learn the mistake)
the republicans may win trump - but it will cost them a decade of power struggles

Edited by spenaroo
  • Informative 2

1 minute ago, spenaroo said:

I think its the end.

will the USA survive another trump presidency - yes.

will the republican party - maybe, if Trump has a clear successor.

This will be his last term - he cant run again after this, so what happens in a few years time when that power vacuum hits?
I think at this stage its pretty much guaranteed he'll win. Biden was the wrong choice 4 years ago - and its bitten the Democrats hard.

but if they lose - they have a good chance to rebuild and dominate the next decade (if they learn the mistake)
the republicans may win trump - but it will cost them a decade

That might be exactly how it goes. It looks like Trump will be the Republican nominee. Whether he wins will depend on how many voters that are not rusted on choose an uncertain future with a mad president over a rather vague and weak president.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think there are two main unknowns:

1. How many Democrat, Independent and current non-voters will be worried enough to get out and vote against Trump.

2. How effective the Republican back-room plotting that is going on at State level to tilt the elections in Trump's favour will be.

• Like 2

We are concentrating on Trump and his character in this election, but seem to be ignoring Biden. He will be 82 years old at the time of the election. When he was initially elected there was concern that he could die in office. He has exhibited some physical signs of his age, such as balance and perception of his surroundings which have seen him stumble. That is not a great problem, but what is worrying is his ability to voice his thoughts. That is shown by such things as calling Russia "China", or vice versa, in a speech. That does show some mental deterioration, but not necessarily degradation of his higher mental capacity.

If you look at other political leaders in the Free World, you will see that most are much younger. Albo will be 61 next month. Sunak of Great Britain is 43. Zelensky is 48, as is Macron of France. Dutton is 53. These leaders are from Generation X. Biden and Trump are of the generation known as the Silent Generation. The Silent Generation, also known as the Traditionalist Generation, is generally defined as people born from 1928 to 1945. Upon coming of age in the postwar era, Silents were sometimes characterized as trending towards conformity and traditionalism, as well as comprising the "silent majority".

Time magazine first used the term "Silent Generation" in a November 5, 1951, article titled "The Younger Generation", although the term appears to precede the publication:

The most startling fact about the younger generation is its silence. With some rare exceptions, youth is nowhere near the rostrum. By comparison with the Flaming Youth of their fathers & mothers, today's younger generation is a still, small flame. It does not issue manifestoes, make speeches or carry posters. It has been called the "Silent Generation."

• Informative 1

SILENT. 

I have always known the  " generation " ( 1928 - 1945 )

As the , War generation,  

Children,  Born for their countries ' war effort ' ,

" Canon Fodder " .

Your country needs you .

Was the slogan seen , pasted everywhere. 

spacesailor 1942

• Like 1

Here is a timescale of the generations:

image.thumb.jpeg.d786a5f1637e02091b3cdbf304969f35.jpeg

Lost Generation: 1885 to 1905  - The gunfodder of WWI

Greatest Generation: 1915 to 1930 - Depression kids and WWII combatants

Silent Majority Generation: 1930 to 1945 - kids who did it tough through the late Depression and war years.

Baby Boomers 1946 to 1965: Children of the Greatest Generation who rebelled against the  through rock'n'roll, civil rights movement, hippiedom and women's liberation.

All these timelines overlap to some degree with either their preceding or following one their beginning or end.

• Like 1

What is it with Yanks and their infatuation with oversized mammary glands? Whenever Yanks want to use sex to attract attention, they put up a picture of a woman with a pretty face, trim body, but mammaries the size of watermelons. What to me is a sign of exploitation, these women seem so proud of this deformity. You can bet that not one of them is considering using these watermelons to nurture a child. I wonder is it worth it to suffer the back pain associated with the extra weight. And can you imagine a woman's later life when she has to shop for a 46 Long bra?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, old man emu said:

infatuation with oversized mammary glands

Theere have been a lot of photos on Facebook lately of women with backside much larger than the Kardasians. Some as big as tractor tyres. They would require three seats on a plane. Somewhere to park your bicycle. Thighs the size of a 50 year old gumtree.

military.thumb.jpg.3359fa16fc60589933c8cb3b1ff4c38d.jpg

• Informative 1

I much prefer the ' normal body ' .

One you can ' cuddle up to ' on those cold winter nights .

Through the athletic type turns some people on .

Andrea Shaw , a beautiful American woman .

I tried to post photo but it cut ' head & feet ' off .

spacesailor

• 3 weeks later...