God help America

red750

We thought we had heard just about everything sick and ridiculous about America, but this takes it to a new level altogether.

Texas has legislated against school children wearing masks, and now they have passed a law that if a 12 year old is raped by her father or grandfather and becomes pregnant she is not allowed to have an abortion after the first six weeks. It often takes nearly that long to realise you are pregnant. The child and the doctor are punished, the snitch who reports it gets $10,000 and the parent/grandparent are unpunished. Heaven forbid!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 2

These people are the Religious Fundamentalists of the West - in complete, but opposite alignment, with the Religious Fundamentalists of the Middle East.

But they all share the same Religious Fundamentalist need to control every aspect of people lives.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Texas has also just permitted anyone to open carry a weapon.  

Trump's legacy to the Republican party - driving it deeper into madness than it's ever been before.

This is all part of the republican governor's taking revenge on the US for dropping their psycho Liar-In-Chief.  Within their own little fiefdoms they're winding back civil rights, making it harder to vote and easier to kill.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Look, if you allow abortions, you reduce the fodder for gun toting nut jobs!

A reasoned article is here: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/health/texas-abortion-law-facts.html

I don't think it protects fathers or grandfathers from both the charge of rape, and also incest: https://saputo.law/criminal-law/texas/sex-crimes/prohibited-sexual-conduct/

The Texans may have a drawl (and drool to match), but they are clever clogs. Prohibiting abortions before 24 weeks is unconstitutional, and according to the NYT article, other states tried it and they are facing challenges. However, Texas hasn't technically prohibited it as state officals can't enforce the prohibition..  "Instead, the Texas law deputizes private citizens to sue anyone who performs an abortion or “aids and abets” a procedure. Plaintiffs who have no connection to the patient or the clinic may sue and recover legal fees, as well as $10,000 if they win."

Note, sue is not prosecute.. so in theory you can get it done, but it is going to cost the performers of the abortion.. And they don't want to cough up, obviously, especially when you think of the scenario where a young unmarried couple who are hard up for a buck (I said BUCK) and they decide she will get pregnant and get someone to perform the abortion after the cardio system starts up (6 weeks- ish). He then dobs in the performer and they get $10K for their efforts.

Those clever clogs.

Yes, America is nuts... They are going to self implode and we will have to fend for ourselves.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Look, if you allow abortions, you reduce the fodder for gun toting nut jobs!

A reasoned article is here: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/health/texas-abortion-law-facts.html

I don't think it protects fathers or grandfathers from both the charge of rape, and also incest: https://saputo.law/criminal-law/texas/sex-crimes/prohibited-sexual-conduct/

The Texans may have a drawl (and drool to match), but they are clever clogs. Prohibiting abortions before 24 weeks is unconstitutional, and according to the NYT article, other states tried it and they are facing challenges. However, Texas hasn't technically prohibited it as state officals can't enforce the prohibition..  "Instead, the Texas law deputizes private citizens to sue anyone who performs an abortion or “aids and abets” a procedure. Plaintiffs who have no connection to the patient or the clinic may sue and recover legal fees, as well as $10,000 if they win."

Note, sue is not prosecute.. so in theory you can get it done, but it is going to cost the performers of the abortion.. And they don't want to cough up, obviously, especially when you think of the scenario where a young unmarried couple who are hard up for a buck (I said BUCK) and they decide she will get pregnant and get someone to perform the abortion after the cardio system starts up (6 weeks- ish). He then dobs in the performer and they get $10K for their efforts.

Those clever clogs.

Yes, America is nuts... They are going to self implode and we will have to fend for ourselves.

That's truly evil.

Allowing a third party who is not affected in any way by the abortion to sue, is a complete perversion of the law.

You may call them clever - I call them monsters.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Texas has gone back to relying on Bounty Hunters; this time it’s nothing about maintaining laws and order, its to do the work of the crazy bible bashers. 

The crazy right wingers claim they’re big on protecting individual rights- but girls and women now have no rights over their own bodies.

Yeah, I got it... just reading that article made my blood boil.

Imagine being a poor black girl in Texas. Not only do a bunch of self-important stuffed shirt middle aged white men decide for you how you can use your own body (according to their narrow minded f*cked-up religious beliefs), but they do their best to stop you voting them out.

Edited by Marty_d
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, facthunter said:

Religion as often practiced seems to be used to justify some of the most outrageous and inhuman actions out there.

The entire history of religion is nothing but violence, invasion and suppression, you won't find one year in the last few thousand where there wasn't a religious conflict, invasion and suppression of the population. It's no different today, just about all conflicts revolve around religious control and I class communism as a religion or ideology, if you wasnt to go into the semantics. But they are all the same, suppression, power and control of the population to do what the ruling ideologues demand.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Haven't worked out how to cross post but  I had no idea until today, thanks to @facthunter's post in Large Engines that airlines (and spacecraft apparently) can't fly over Mecca. Apparently, the religion (or someone in it) claims it is the middle of the earth, that it is the magnetic centre of the earth (!!!) and the earth's centre of gravity! FFS! Intersting: https://factcheck.afp.com/http%3A%2F%2Fdoc.afp.com%2F9FL9BW-1

Sadly, as it was posted on Farcebook, it must be true.. and of course shared with thousands if not more that fail to use brain when they see this carp and just believe it.

Gawd help us (not the religious gawd, of course).

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1

Whilst I am not religious in any sense of the word the believers & their leaders have a huge influence over corrupt Govt's world over! People need to believe in something, a LOT believe in the greatest lie mankind has ever dreamed up & we've been paying for it ever since we stepped outside the caves!

• Agree 1

Ever notice that the UD dollar bill has the words, "In God We Trust"? 

Definition

Trust: to rely on (something one has no control over, such as luck or chance) to get what one wants or needs.

Believe: to accept the truth of something.

And yet they trumpet that they are believers.

• Agree 1

Something like 80% believe the Bible is the absolute word of god. What hope have we got?. Most don't know what the first chapter is called.. Trump says he's never read ANY books.. OMG. They resemble a failed state more and more..  Certainly DEMOCRACY is dead..God is GREED.The power of monopolies is reinforced. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

…and now their Supreme Court is dominated by shameless Republican judges who look the other way while basic democratic rights are extinguished by Republican lawmakers.

A century of progress in voting rights and women’s rights have been undone in a few months. How can minorities have any faith in the American Dream? These Republican zealous must actually want a civil war, so that they can assert their control over all those Latinos, blacks and other foreigners.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

That's happening here as well, with some of the policy directions those of the yahweh cult are pushing, who make up the vast majority of politicians.

Back in the early 90's, took a break from music and spent a year helping a friend run a catering company in the ACT, we had canteens in hospital, government buildings and provided catering services for political and senior bureaucrat meetings. To them money was no object, they ordered the most expensive of everything and most times lots of it ended up in the bins and their homes.

I had access to all departments and the entire parliamentary buildings, where I learnt a lot about how our government operates. What really shocked me was they have what they called a parliamentary prayer group, where senior politician from all sides and bureaucrats met supposedly to pray and discuss scripture. But it was all about how they were going to implement their ideological concepts and corporate vested interests into policies. We also provided catering for the parliament bar and the things you heard in there after they'd had a few would make you air curl, also attended many social gathering with my boss as her token male partner, because her husband held a very high office in the defence department and was rarely in the country. Total cretins and didn't take long for me to see why she wanted me along, they were sleaze bags of the worst kind. That's when I finally realised the true situation we face for the future and it's being borne out by what we are seeing today.

God botherers are ok as long as they don't bother me:-) I didn't mind Trump, (that will sure upset you lot am sure-).....sure he was odd but look at what the USA ended up with, an old senile hair sniffing away with the fairy's fool!:-) Remember he was voted in, sometimes it would be nice to un-vote politicians (especially the lunatics we have in Oz) so its just a merry-go-round anyway:-)

1 hour ago, Fliteright said:

God botherers are ok as long as they don't bother me:-) I didn't mind Trump, (that will sure upset you lot am sure-).....sure he was odd but look at what the USA ended up with, an old senile hair sniffing away with the fairy's fool!:-) Remember he was voted in, sometimes it would be nice to un-vote politicians (especially the lunatics we have in Oz) so its just a merry-go-round anyway:-)

Flighty where do you get this guff? You seem to have swallowed Trump’s hate campaign against the current US President, who is certainly not senile or sleepy. His administration is a refreshing improvement on the dysfunctional mess he inherited.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Koreelah said:

Flighty where do you get this guff? You seem to have swallowed Trump’s hate campaign against the current US President, who is certainly not senile or sleepy. His administration is a refreshing improvement on the dysfunctional mess he inherited.

Not senile yet, but it's hard to tell if he's heading that way. I get the impression that he's always bungled his words and had the odd foot in mouth moment throughout his career. As far as the hair sniffing goes, he's had to tone that down since his presidential run.

• Haha 1