God help America

red750

What's more basically Democratic than  a political group, having achieved a majority of seats, PICKING THEIR CHOICE of leader? They know best what He/She is like and they have to work with them after all. That's the situation with a speaker who is approved by a majority of the PARLIAMENT..  Nev 

• Informative 1

In 2011, roughly 60,000 Kinder Surprise eggs were seized at the US border. That number was down to 30,000 in 2015, but the scope of the seizures is clearly still significant. Unsurprisingly, attempts to bring the eggs into the US tend to surge in the lead-up to Easter. Kinder Surprise eggs are banned in the US because of safety concerns related to having a “non-nutritive object” like a plastic capsule inside a confectionary product. According to the 1938 Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, this makes Kinder Surprise eggs an “adulterated food” and thus illegal to import and sell.

Kinder Surprise eggs are sold by the Italian company Ferrero, which first introduced them in 1974 and now sells roughly 1.2 billion eggs per year. The real reason they are banned in the USA is because they are made using Metric measurements and the US Government is protecting its children from being subverted into metrification.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

They'd improve maths learning greatly amongst the students of color if they tied it in to what they can relate to.

"If Homer has 50ozs of crack and sells it for $150 an ounce to users, how many ounces will he need to sell before he can afford to buy a Colt .45 at $750?"

"If you have a fully loaded Colt .45 pistol, and you can run at 15 mph, and you need to run across a 100 foot wide street to take cover, how long will it take you to get to the other side of the street?"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, facthunter said:

What goes around saying "Mark, Mark?" A dog with a hair lip. 

Wow! That's the billionth time I've heard that one in my life, if you know who I am.

I got caught out by crows when I was a youngster. I was engrossed in play at a distant point in the backyard when I heard a loud and constant, "Ark, Ark". To which I my annoyed reply was, "Whaaaaaat?!?!". Again I heard, "Ark, Ark", so I stopped what I doing and went up to Mum in the house, greeting her with, "Yes?". It wasn't she who had been calling.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

Wow! That's the billionth time I've heard that one in my life, if you know who I am.

I got caught out by crows when I was a youngster. I was engrossed in play at a distant point in the backyard when I heard a loud and constant, "Ark, Ark". To which I my annoyed reply was, "Whaaaaaat?!?!". Again I heard, "Ark, Ark", so I stopped what I doing and went up to Mum in the house, greeting her with, "Yes?". It wasn't she who had been calling.

ome, as you say, anyone who knows your name knows what you're talking about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a pretty revealing expose of the workings of American Capitalism. But the problem goes further - it goes right back to the "good ol' boys" in the farming areas, who get their 5 and 6 yr olds to drive farm machinery regularly - and then protest that it's for the good of the kids, because it's "teaching them skills early".

The problem with all these people is they have no understanding of child development stages, how they live in a largely fantasy world until they're about 7 or 8, how they don't have an adults ability to recognise impending danger, and how they don't have the fine motor skills or the quick reflexes of adults.

I shudder when I see young kids riding quad bikes on farms. They're dangerous enough in the hands of adults. I recall one forum poster telling us how he'd recently been to a farm where a 7 yr old boy had killed himself on a 600cc quad bike. He said the pall of gloom over that farm was palpable and overwhelming, and he couldn't leave fast enough. There are around 300 children killed in farm accidents in the U.S. annually.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1