SILLY SIGNS. . . . .LET'S START A THREAD ?

Phil Perry

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"$90K per annum."

My Grand-son-inlaw, Has been to a lot of work-place education, and now has "Qualification's" for that "traffic management" job!.

Maybe but he gives little his wife & four kids, must spend it on the ex-police pursuit commodore he just bought.

spacesailor

I think Octave's post above tells you that the $90k thing is a furphy. Average working year is about 2,000 hours (365 days minus 104 for weekends x 8 hours), so to get $90k the hourly rate would have to be around $45. That ad said $28-$30 /hour.

I note my Grandson-in-law works most weekends, so add the penalty rates into it as well as all the other perks, like traveling time, and living away, when working at remote places.

He's also a fire'ary ( rural fire brigade). so gets something for that & his first aid cert's.

spacesailor

I note my Grandson-in-law works most weekends, so add the penalty rates into it as well as all the other perks, like traveling time, and living away, when working at remote places.He's also a fire'ary ( rural fire brigade). so gets something for that & his fist aid cert's.

spacesailor

...in which case, no matter what the profession, if someone is working 7 days a week, long hours and in remote areas, they kind of deserve $90k don't they?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Oi! Over 'ere Jacobs creek is a staple wine!

BTW:

[ATTACH=full]2775[/ATTACH]

Welsh is a bugger of a language to get your head around ( if you ain't born in North Wales that is. . .) It uses 'Guttural' sounds in some of the words, and a double letter 'L' in the middle of a word is often pronounced as a soft 'TH' sound, as in the words Think, and Through. . . at the beginning of some words, it is pronounced by a sound which resembles gathering saliva in your mouth before spitting ( ! ) Theres a place not far from here, on the Welsh border with Shropshire, called LLANGOLLEN.

Pronounced CCCLANGOCCCTHLAN . . .The CCCs being where you gargle. . . .Anyway,. . .Nos Dah ( G'day ) or Borra Dah .if it's later. . . The Welsh have NO word for 'Bicycle' as the language is believed to have originated over a millennia ago. . .they just 'steal' English words, in this case BEIC. . . .many visiting drivers have been fooled by a plentiful roadsign in Wales,. . 'Canol Y Dref' Which indicates the way to the 'Town Centre' just to confuse the hated English, not all roadsigns are Bi-lingual . . .bloody Taffies. . .

Welsh is a bugger of a language to get your head around ( if you ain't born in North Wales that is. . .) It uses 'Guttural' sounds in some of the words, and a double letter 'L' in the middle of a word is often pronounced as a soft 'TH' sound, as in the words Think, and Through. . . at the beginning of some words, it is pronounced by a sound which resembles gathering saliva in your mouth before spitting ( ! ) Theres a place not far from here, on the Welsh border with Shropshire, called LLANGOLLEN.

Pronounced CCCLANGOCCCTHLAN . . .The CCCs being where you gargle. . . .Anyway,. . .Nos Dah ( G'day ) or Borra Dah .if it's later. . . The Welsh have NO word for 'Bicycle' as the language is believed to have originated over a millennia ago. . .they just 'steal' English words, in this case BEIC. . . .many visiting drivers have been fooled by a plentiful roadsign in Wales,. . 'Canol Y Dref' Which indicates the way to the 'Town Centre' just to confuse the hated English, not all roadsigns are Bi-lingual . . .bloody Taffies. . .

I'd agree there, Phil, Welsh is a bit tricky. My ancestors were from Shropshire, about 12 miles from the present day border, so would have been Welsh before those pesky Normans turned us into Pommie Bastards. From what I gather, Welsh is a fairly modern language and I remember reading somewhere that the language closest to the original British dialects is Breton.

Just a bit of trivia - the largest Welsh speaking population outside of Wales is in Argentina.

Cheers, Willie.