Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

Do people sit down for breakfast any more? If the lineup at Macca's drive-throughs is any indication, the answer is "No".

And people complain about the "Cost of Living Crisis". A 575 gm box of Weetbix costs $4.40 and contains eighteen two-biscuit servings. That's 25 cents per serving, plus 40 cents for the milk. You can't even get a whiff of a breakfast muffin for 65 cents.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I sit in an armchair in the family room watching the morning news on Sunrise while eating my two hot cross buns, or alternatively, a bowl of Uncle Toby's oats, with a cup of instant coffee.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I haven't eaten a cereal breakfast for decades, and I don't have a huge breakfast. Most cereals are at least 30% sugar, unless you're eating plain, raw oats.

It is a "break-fast" after all, and you don't eat a huge meal straight after a fast. I have a piece of toast (sourdough or ciabatta) with butter only, or a crumpet with butter, and a cup of tea with milk and sugar, and that's it until morning tea time, when I have another cuppa, and a snack of some sort. I rarely drink coffee now, I find it makes me "edgy".

Lunch is my main meal of the day now, evening meals are generally lighter. I find large and heavy meals at dinnertime makes for a disturbed sleep.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 2

Well, therre ya go. Learn a new thing ever day. Ne'er heard of Sir Mix A Lot (I was guessing he was a baker until I googled hom, because of the refeence to those buns).

Whilst I don't fidn the rear ends particularly attractive - grabbing hard silicone just isn't the same as the real deal, if they left their tooshes au-naturale, both of them, but especially the one in the black would get my attention.

Thinking about it - and one has to - as it is, it would certainly be a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Well, therre ya go. Learn a new thing ever day. Ne'er heard of Sir Mix A Lot

A day is not wasted if you learn something new.

I had to google him and listen to the song, too. Fun song with some good lines. Nevertheless nothing will make silicone body modifications attractive to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I must admit to not listening to the song.. I am a grump old bar steward.

Well, to give you some context, the first line is:

"I like big butts and I cannot lie"