Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

In the UK, even personalised plates need at least one number in them, and of course, they cannot refer to profanities and obscenities. However, I snapped this at the railway station while waiting for my partner to return from London:

20240128_144007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

In the UK, even personalised plates need at least one number in them, and of course, they cannot refer to profanities and obscenities. However, I snapped this at the railway station while waiting for my partner to return from London:

20240128_144007.jpg

Obviously the Motor Registry person had never heard an Aussie crow, nor seen Graham Kennedy.

• Like 2

But 

Calling is useless for the hearing impaired  

SMS 

Made for the heavy industry  worker .

I'm not deaf just lost a few frequencies. 

I hear lots of noise ,  but ,no birds or cicadas or my cat meowing. 

Silence is golden , so the song goes .

spacesailor

• Sad 2

Good point Spacey. My left ear was pretty poor before the shingles. It will probably truly dead after. My right ear is not good, but I can hear the TV clearly with Bluetooth in my hearing aid. The problem is I have to take the aid out to hear anyone talking to me, or mute the Bluetooth.

• Sad 1

Industrial Deafness is normally loss of HIGH frequencies above 5000 hertz.. It's the inner ear and  the only way to get infected there is by the eustacean tubes and your nose. Your skin will get infected (germs) if you scratch the rash. You have a virus.  Nev

• Informative 2

On 30/01/2024 at 5:03 PM, facthunter said:

It's the inner ear and  the only way to get infected there is by the eustacean tubes and your nose

Providing the eardrum is intact. I had a fungal infection chew a hole in my eardrum and it went inside and chewed some bits up. It caused the loss of a lot of the high tones. Until the eardrum healed, all sound in that ear was very tinny and sounded a long way away. It reminded me of that tinny sound of crystal radio sets. When the eardrum is perforated, if you blow your nose (which you shouldn't do), air comes out of your ear.

• Informative 1