The Random thought thread

spenaroo

9 minutes ago, ClintonB said:

Be great if any writers could come up with new quality viewing without rehashing old stuff and making a dogs breakfast out of it.

The Australian Motion Picture Industry, by which I mean all producers of what you might lump together as "plays", either dramatic or comedic, is equal to any other in the World. The problem is that the market here is too small to support the expenses involved in making heaps of these "plays". The money comes from selling the product overseas, but that's a hard market to break into. 

One has to wonder how the broadcasters manage to meet the demands for locally produced content that is a condition of their licences. Sport, quiz and Lifestyle programmes do not enhance the culture of a country. There have been a lot of very great productions, but they have been hidden on the ABC and SBS. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Problem is the showrunners,

they arent happy just to adapt the book.

it has to be different it has to have their own spin on things.

importantly it has to follow their agenda.

so many shows ruined by this.

taking a loved source material and only keeping the names and title the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

AI should be able to whip up a script in no time.

AI isnt AI,

its just machine learning.

sure it will write the script. but don't expect anything original or surprising.

just derivatives of other works

6 hours ago, old man emu said:

I wonder what gave the first beaver the idea to dam a stream.

I wonder why the writers of the sitcom "Leave it to Beaver" thought that "Beaver Cleaver" would be a good name for the lead character.

When I went out to drive to my mate Keith's funeral yesterday afternoon, the key wouldn't turn in the ignition. My daughter had to drive me to the funeral home, and a shed mate brought me home.The same thing occurred about 6 months ago, but after quite a few attempts, it eventually turned. No, it's not the steering lock. Eliminated that. Last time it happened, Keith advised me to squirt some graphite powder into the ignition switch and jiggle it a bit. It worked last time, but not now. Without the car until next week when I can get an auto electrician to take a look at it.

• Sad 1