Photography.

red750

Some are much worse than others by a mile. Anything threatened will react, that's only natural. The ones in the shed were normally up in the roof rafters. No Mice or Rats anywhere.. (I'll let YOU into a secret. Being little I was also scared of them and never went right into the shed).   Nev

The snakes at the ' son-in-law's ' place are Very scared of ' him ' he beats them to death with a 

Big shovel .

They have lost four horse's  to snake bites .

spacesailor

PS

He & I , eat game meat , but he never eats those snakes. ( must try it one day ).

Edited by spacesailor
A little more !
  • Sad 1

Snakes ! .

Two ' alpacas,  lots of dogs and one cow (  or bull ) that was left to rot in the pasture,  with the herd.  All taken but not devoured .

Same with sharks .

IF we ate more of the human enemies,  there would be less loss of human life .

I tasted ' crocodile ' but not. Taken with its bland taste. 

spacesailor

So , how does that ' snake , ' taste , a little Gambier I hope .

My wife cringes at the thought of eating such things , like the little ' grasshopper ' , 

Deep-fried & crispy.  Better than ' witchery grub ' , eaten raw & cold .

Toad is poisonous,  but only the skin ! .

Deep fried toad-legs anyone? .

Thought provoking,  but gets rid of whatever we could do without. 

The only ' fish ' my bro ate was " flake " . No bones & tasty. 

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Double word

I've been taking photos for 60 years. As a teenager I was given a small 35mm film camera by a chap my father knew through work. Here is one of the first aviation photos I took. Note the date in Nov 1963.

VH-INM.thumb.jpg.5efee33c8595f6a20d81b565b98ea7a8.jpg

Since then I've photographed landscapes, planes, cars, animals, you name it. Over the years I have had about six cameras from basic, to single lens reflex to digital. I enjoy being able to edit digital images. Although I have a digital camera with a 35X zoom lens, I take many photos with my iPhone 6.  This is one of my iPhone photos..

VH-FPZ.thumb.jpg.2bb80da5e0878346e7fd218fb78421a3.jpg

P.S.> If you would like to see a small collection of my photos (892 of them), click on the flickr.com link below.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, willedoo said:

Not very good resolution, but I saw this photo on the web of a strangler fig after the host tree has died.

F5l0CKFWIAAk65e.png

Wow! Nature is pretty good at creating the most efficient structures. Bee hives, wasp nests, etc with hexagonal cells. Termites remove all but the most critical wood.

As I’ve posted before, there’s a similar, though less spectacular relic at the Stinson crash site on the Qld-NSW border: part of the tubular steel structure of the aircraft is sticking out of the southern side of a tree.

The Stinson came from the north, shedding part of it’s wings on arrival. The post crash fire killed nearby trees and a new tree grew up through and around the wreckage, until the old dead tree rotted and fell.

Most visitors never notice this rusty relic, about 6m above their heads.

• Informative 2

• 1 month later...

I bought myself a telephoto lens for my iPhone. The set included a wide angle lens, macro lens and fisheye lens. The set, including mini tripod cost $37.11 on eBay, and postage was inclded.

iPhonetelelensset.thumb.jpg.284f48f75dd65e2462cbbc7a7cfabaa7.jpg

Here are some sample photos from the telephoto lens. I haven't tried the others yet.

IMG_1688.thumb.JPG.399c6860bcdea8b824e970ac202ff97f.JPG

Standard iPhone lens set at wide angle.

IMG_1687.thumb.JPG.3cce818c1130274e34b5f80e1d6d586f.JPG

Standard iPhone lens set at max telephoto.

IMG_1686.thumb.JPG.dee9df689760c7a621d6aa5810590865.JPG

iPhone lens set at wide angle with new telephoto attached. Accidently moved to square format.

IMG_1685.thumb.JPG.9e1033c61e02c0ebe33bdd219f4a6adf.JPG

iPhone lens set to max tele, with new telephoto attached. These are all hand held as I could not use the tripod where I was taking the photos, and focussing was difficult.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2