Photography.

red750

He would not have done it otherwise. It was held on for a while. New Zealand people or others flying there do it better than others. You only have to watch them landing at Tullamarine on 26. Most just leave the CRAB on with wings level especially with underwing engines.  Nev

• Informative 1

I wasn't referencing the plane crabbing on approach to deal with a crosswind. I meant the part here at 1.07. At 1.06 they were approaching straight and level then at the last moment banked to the left and touched down on the LH gear at 1.07.

gh.png

• Informative 1

I have flown in and out of Welly Airport probably 9 or 10 times. Fortunately, it has always been reasonable weather (so far).  I know my son has had more than one flight diverted after a couple of attempts to land.  it is a great airport for plane watchers and photographers. On the east side of the strip is a great lookout on top of a very steep hill.  On the west side is a cafe we have been to many times called "Spruce Goose". It has a raised outdoor dining area that looks over the runway, great for a bit of lunch and plane spotting.  i have many interesting photos. 

It does tend to be very gusty at time and in nearly every direction the wind is coming over very steep hills.

• Informative 2

I don't have much of an opinion on this however at 1:06 you can't see the wind sock anymore. I think it would be hard to know what the wind was doing at that instant. It is a very gusty place surrounded by extremely tall hills.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Maybe he's purposely banking to touch the LH gear first as a brake effect to help straighten up with the runway. I guess 'he' is a bit sexist; it could be a she flying. I'm fairly sure they have a few female  C-17 pilots.

• Agree 1

Neither WAS I Willie..Only in reference to a lot doing it at Tullamarine on a certain runway when some x wind exists and the NZ blokes did a better job of it. because they have More winds  where they come from.. The services plane banks to hold centreline, because it CAN. and being on centre is a good idea because NOT being on it is NOT.  You might also be aware of how close the road is on his left and how straight it rolled  and didn't use much runway.  Are you suggesting it wasn't "schmick" . If so WHY?..Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hellenic Air Force F-16M over the Aegean Sea. It's easy to see why pilots love the F-16; it's like the fighter plane version of a sports car. It would have the best visibility of any fighter plane in my opinion. It also seems to be the most popular choice worldwide for home built cockpit simulators. The low profile and simple cockpit build would probably be a factor there.

431161153_404597802260462_9135170435492140648_n.jpg

• Like 3