Photography.

red750

As we didn't have a topic related to photography, I have started this one to show you something I have found on the internet.

First, I was looking at my Facebook feed, and this interesting photo came up,  and I downloaded it.

twohorsewagon.thumb.jpg.16d77fc5ca7013bb2e4cfe1fcf5e22cd.jpg

I wondered what it would look like in colour, so I searched "colorise photos", (I used American spelling to speed things up), and found this link:  https://www.img2go.com/colorize-image. All I had to do was uplod the B&W image, select output format (.jpg) and press Start. In about a minute, the converted file was ready to download. Here is the result:

twohorsewagon(1).thumb.jpg.7e1f48412b97f2bb0afa4cd308306b74.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

From the website:

By using AI image coloring algorithms and deep learning, our colorize image feature allows you to add natural, realistic colors to your old, black and white photographs. With an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, you can easily achieve high-quality colorized photos in just a few seconds. With no software to install, use this feature to quickly and easily colorize your photographs online.

The process is free. You can register and log in (I didn't), so I don't know what that offers. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

It could be a Good film , camera .

A lot of my people don't bother Now with their  digital camera's , as their phone has higher megapixles .

My film and digital camera's are long packed away , 

BUT a friend has returned to using a quality film camera , for ' wildlife & nature  photography ' as it seems better suited to that particular area .

So could it be a Good film  camera photograph .

spacesailor

I spoke to a photography hobbyist recently who told me that film on rolls is still being produced, and that he uses it. No doubt he processes it himself.

It is amazing how much detail those glass plates captured. I used to do photogrammetry surveys using glass plates and the prints that could be made from them were crystal clear.

I prefer my 35 mm SLR  digital camera since I can hole it still while pressing the shutter button. Anything I take with my phone's camera is blurred because I can't hold it still and press the icon on the screen.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

I've been doing a couple of thousand steps per day (2,000 to 5,000) exercise.Because of the cold and rain, I do it walking around shopping centre malls. Yesterday I walked past a shop with very interesting displays of model cars. 

IMG_1112.thumb.JPG.97d432689b4ad8c748bdcec28a780a9f.JPGIMG_1109.thumb.JPG.052f226c7d5e9b421ad330e1fd2bfcbd.JPGIMG_1110.thumb.JPG.0b7d556c30ff2efeb414d0ac493f714c.JPGIMG_1108.thumb.JPG.8fe1b7eeb7fe02234d99a42586e70cf4.JPG

• Like 3

I took my grandsons to EB Games yesterday. It's a retailer of computer games and all the associated merchandise. Strewth! The prices! One grandson bought a figure that was about 75 cm high and paid $12.00 for it. Less than a half hour later the foot broke off. Now I've got to find a suitable glue to stick the foot back on. There are so many types of "plastics" that it's often impossible to find the correct one. 

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend at the Men's Shed who was a service manager for a Ford dealer, and later owned his own motor repair garage. He told me he had owned a collection of 175 cars similar to those. He showed me photos of some. He had built a model workshop with tools on the bench, etc., even built a hoist on which he had mounted one of the cars. He said he got tired of dusting them, so sold the lot to a guy from Cairns.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

My wife’s brother is an ex-pilot with a fascinating stress-release hobby: he builds scale models of military aircraft.
He aims to build models of every plane ever flown by the RAAF and is well on the way. His attention to detail is phenomenal, down to instrument paneos and seat harnesses.

I’ve tried photographing his models, but depth of field issues spoil the result. I suspect the trick used to get all those Star Wars models in focus was to use very bright lights, thus allowing a very small aperture, which would get everything in focus.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

13 minutes ago, facthunter said:

THAT and mount the camera on a tripod and have a long exposure. Faster film may be grainy.  Nev

I inherited some negatives taken with my grandfather’s 1920s Kodak, which I still have.

When enlarged, they have better definition than many much more modern pix taken by SLRs. I guess the larger format is one factor, the other being slow exposure (which is one reason ancient family pics don’t include many smiles).

• Like 1