Migrants taking our jobs

pmccarthy

Speaking of musicians royalties, there are musicians, sports people, actors and business moguls who speak in millioms and billions. Look at people like Elon Musk, Ashton Kutcher and the like. At the other end of the scale, hundreds living in tents and cardboard boxes on the streets of major cities. Ah! The land of opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

You can live in a different world when you are filthy rich, but you are still mortal and are many of your so called "friends" there for you or your money?  Money is not CLASS and a lot of it is made under suspicious circumstances not available to  all honest people. . Nev

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t get how there are hundreds of thousands of jobs advertised- majority would be in the city and we can’t get people to fill jobs. There are suburbs where large amounts of unemployment supposedly exist. Lots of these jobs are labouring, shelf stocking and driving deliveries etc. You don’t need to be uni educated to do these, so they are not out of bounds for the average person. The dole is meant to be too low to live on, but many seem to do it and still smoke, drink and get tattoos, iPhones etc. 

in the country we have a lot of imported workers to operate the chicken and red meat works here. They are reportedly great workers compared to locals. My mates when they young worked in meat works and made really good money compared to my boring factory job cutting carpet tiles for 40hrs per week. Here the young people don’t like the smell or the blood etc, so don’t take up the work. We should have very limited unemployment. Any given day that court is on, there is a large social club happening on the brick walls around it. And if you are observant the culprits are usually the same lot ( the majority) bludging and going to court has become their social outing for the week/fortnight.

the increasing amount of crime going on in our area is happening at night when people who work are asleep, the offenders have the benefit of lounging around all day to strike at this opportunity. We need to do something about employment and forcing people to take what is offered as a way into the work force, you don’t have to stay at the bottom rung, but you have to start there. When the powers in charge work out how to do this then society might improve. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

14 hours ago, ClintonB said:

…Any given day that court is on, there is a large social club happening on the brick walls around it. And if you are observant the culprits are usually the same lot ( the majority) bludging and going to court has become their social outing for the week/fortnight.

the increasing amount of crime going on in our area is happening at night when people who work are asleep, the offenders have the benefit of lounging around all day to strike at this opportunity.

Spot on Clint! After years of driving past our local monthly court crowd I once had occasion to join them (to challenge a charge of riding my Guzzi with too much enthusiasm). The education I received was worth the small fine. All the usual suspects lined up before the world-weary magistrate. Uncontrolled dogs, neighbourhood disputes, domestics and a bloke shooting up his brother’s place. Also plenty of petty theft, which was probably not petty to the victims.

What’s wrong with the wallopers adopting a more pro-active approach. 

Get out of the Police vehicle and get on yer bike. Cops on bicycles can appear anywhere in an urban area and surprise the miscreants.

And another thing: why don’t we see more graffiti criminals cleaning up their bloody mess? A spot of public humiliation would be far more efective than the limp punishments currently being doled out.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

23 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

Hang on. I'm confused. This thread is 'Migrants taking our jobs'.

Are our indigenous brothers worried about us paleskinned blow-ins taking their jobs?

Since 1788 our indigenous brothers have been, in general, far more welcoming of immigrants of all types (including white fellas) than non-Aboriginal Australians.

• Agree 1

Since 1788 our indigenous brothers have been, in general, far more welcoming of immigrants of all types (including white fellas) than non-Aboriginal Australians

Except when the immigrants are of Negro or African origin. You haven't seen real hatred until you've seen the Indigenes dealing with people of Negro or African ancestry. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

19 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

What’s wrong with the wallopers adopting a more pro-active approach. 

1. American TV and movies have promoted hatred of police in that section of society. You can't pat a growling dog
  2. Worldwide there are not enough police to do what the other sections of society want them to do.
  3. The response of that section of society to having many police on the streets is to cry out that the nation has become a police state with blatant references to the Gestapo and jack-boots.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

4 hours ago, spacesailor said:

SO !.

Who do you blame !.  The " English Bobby , or that  " jack booted , gun toting " shoot first .  Thug with a badge .

spacesailor

I blame the little self-centred shit who never learned self-discipline and believes in "me. First. Last. And every other bloody time."

• Like 1
  • Agree 1