The Mallee Fowl

onetrack

On 24/07/2022 at 11:49 AM, facthunter said:

Like a Brat camp for oldies?  Animals always SMELL so "organic". Rather smell a speedway bike after it's been running.   Nev

Nev, we do.

It's called....

The Men's Shed.

SWMBO tells me that the Big Red Bash at Birdsville is a therapy programme for delinquent oldies.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

From Peta Credlin's Facebook page.

Jacinta Price has just delivered a magnificent speech to Parliament.  It was brilliant, she did not hold back - 'we are all Australians, we don't need a voice you have 11 Indigenous MPs here.  The violence within remote communities is black on black, which the activists want to ignore,'  she did not hold back  - it was just brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Nutrition is not big in stone-age diet planning. Even as a kid, I remember looking with horror at Aboriginal mothers and their kids making a meal of sweet biscuits and sugary soft drink. They had the same access to nutritional facts as we had, which wasn't much in the 50's.

They all would have long since died from diabetes is my guess. (The whitefellers died from heart disease caused partly by smoking.)

Just why there is no health-tax on sugar is a clear indication of corruption in my considered opinion.

Here's a bit of trivia...  a weeks wages used to only buy a half-teaspoon of sugar.  I dunno just when that was, it must have been before sugar cane plantations.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Just why there is no health-tax on sugar is a clear indication of corruption in my considered opinion...

The sugar industry, Coca Cola, MacDonalds… all have spent up big to torpedo every attempt to tax sugar and junk food.

It’s not quite as easy to buy politicians in Australia as in the US, but money talks here too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Of course she was a great supporter of Abbott, she was his chief of staff and then there was that rumor about them which I wont repeat because I don't have solid evidence.  Credlin is a right wing Sky news commentator, so personally i have no time for her right wing BS.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, octave said:

then there was that rumor about them which I wont repeat because I don't have solid evidence.  

Whether or not anything ever happened between them, there was no doubt she had an unhealthy influence over him.

• Agree 1