Best ever prime minister of Australia

Bruce Tuncks

8 hours ago, red750 said:

They have even had fried ice cream. 

I've had deep fried ice cream. From memory, it was one of the caramel recipes. I think fried ice cream was originally Chinese. A lot of Chinese restaurants have it.

I love mashed potato, but cooking just for myself, and not having a stove at the moment, peeling and boiling a spud or two is a PITA. I recently found a great product. It is pre-made mash. You find it in the frozen food section. Basically if you imagine oven-fry chips that haven't been cooked, you get the idea of the shape and size of the pieces. All you have to do is bung some in a bowl and microwave them for about 3 minutes. I mix in some butter and milk to taste.

Convenient, because I put both the mash and frozen vegies in the microwave at the same time, nuking them while the meat I've cooked in the air fryer is resting after cooking. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I don't  think either of them have overblown ego's but everyone has their own particular personality. You are seeing two real people here not "invented" ones and there's plenty of work for all the team. The MSM will try to invent imagined contests and tensions, because that is the level they operate on. Don't make you judgements based on what you read (or hear) there..Nev

• Agree 3

Albo is hosting Jacinda Ardern today after her recent rock star reception in the US where she spoke of their gun laws & what NZ did about the Christchurch massacre to Biden & a host of TV shows which was basically what Howard did after Port Arthur. NZ has had an increase in drive by shootings between gangs fuelled by the deportation of hardened crims from Australia that were born in NZ but arrived as toddlers. Albo may have a softer approach to this than Dutton but I can't see much change here. NZ sees it as Australia exporting their problems & Australia sees it as a valid deportation of hardened criminals who are not Australian citizens.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

If they were born in NZ, that makes them in possession of NZ citizenship. They aren't Australian citizens, and you will not get Australian citizenship with a major criminal record.

Every other country deports undesirables who are not their citizens, very quickly.

The solution is simple - if they're carrying out major crimes in NZ, such as drive-by shootings, after deportation from Australia, lock them up until they agree to behave like normal people.

Perhaps the Kiwis need to bring in some stiffer laws and punishments. AFAIC, shooting at someone, even if they're inside a house, should be classed as attempted murder.

Even being found carrying an illegal firearm should incur a charge of planning a murder. It's that simple.

You carry a highly illegal firearm, you obviously have only one aim, to kill someone you're having a disagreement with.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Marty_d said:

I don't use them myself, but I've heard a lot of frozen meals are quite healthy and certainly better for you than Macca's or KFC…

Even more thread drift: I might add some frozen meals to the collection of dried tucker I’m building up at our Aero Club. One reason we bought the building was to serve as a refuge for south-bound aviators blocked by crook weather on the Liverpool Range. We’ve had a few.

• Informative 1

O m e 

Those potatoes will nuke, !, with a

" speedy Spuds " microwave potatoe Pouch "

We use ours all the time.

And we no longer go to H Js since they were found to use ' catfood ' burgers. 

The court only blocked them trading for a while.

spacesailor

We use these ones, below. They were originally designed and produced by the W.A. Potato Marketing Board - but the State Govt abolished the Board under pressure from potato growers, and they became difficult to acquire for a while.

Now this company has picked them up, and sell them. The used to be about $5-$6, now they're $10! But the plastic they're made from is exceptionally durable, the first set we had, lasted nearly 15 years! When they cracked and started to fall apart last year, I went searching, and found them again! So we got 2 more sets. They're good for nearly any vegies.

For spuds, you just cut them lengthwise, place them in the microwave on high for about 60-80 seconds, turn the spud cooker over, and give them another 60-80 seconds - and the spuds come out perfectly cooked.

https://www.justintimegourmet.com.au/products/kitchen-gifts/microwave-potato-capsule

On 09/06/2022 at 4:28 PM, onetrack said:

If they were born in NZ, that makes them in possession of NZ citizenship. They aren't Australian citizens, and you will not get Australian citizenship with a major criminal record.

Every other country deports undesirables who are not their citizens, very quickly.

The solution is simple - if they're carrying out major crimes in NZ, such as drive-by shootings, after deportation from Australia, lock them up until they agree to behave like normal people.

Perhaps the Kiwis need to bring in some stiffer laws and punishments. AFAIC, shooting at someone, even if they're inside a house, should be classed as attempted murder.

Even being found carrying an illegal firearm should incur a charge of planning a murder. It's that simple.

You carry a highly illegal firearm, you obviously have only one aim, to kill someone you're having a disagreement with.

How are you a hardened criminal at 3 years old? That is learned behaviour based on the lifestyle chosen much later on in life and all of this is in the Australian community. Drive by shootings between gangs in Auckland was never an issue till Aussie trained criminals got deported after they had served their time. Yes they should be locked up but you have to catch them first.

It happens all the time in Western Sydney & Melbourne & only some get caught. Some also get shot or disappear. The police seem to know who all these people are but can't do anything until they get evidence & witnesses prepared to testify. Virtually none do as they know what their fate will be. Even when there are raids and police purges and they find heaps of weapons, drugs, stolen property and cash a few go down but the gang pops up again almost immediately. I don't have a solution as we live in a civilised society. In Saudi it is simple, they execute them all even if they are not guilty.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

To be fair, it wasn't Little Johnny who negotiated the price for the natural gas, it was the global oil and gas corporations like Chevron. Howard made it clear he played no part in the commercial negotiation of the gas pricing - which is normally linked to the price of oil.

It's the drongoes in the likes of Chevron who failed to insist on regular price resets with the Chinese, according to any changed market conditions. Anyone who sets a price for 35 years without any mechanism for price adjustment must be brain dead.

But Howard is to blame for not setting aside a guaranteed reserve of low cost, natural gas for the East Coast of Australia. The W.A. Govt made sure that happened here in the West.

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/how-australia-blew-its-future-gas-supplies-20170928-gyqg0f.html

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

13 hours ago, onetrack said:

It's the drongoes in the likes of Chevron

I think that you would be very hard pressed to find a drongo amongst the contract negotiators employed by Chevron. You can bet that there was method in their madness.

Chevron Corporation is an American multinational energy corporation. One of the successor companies of Standard Oil, it is active in more than 180 countries. Chevron is engaged in every aspect of the oil and natural gas industries, including hydrocarbon exploration and production; refining, marketing and transport; chemicals manufacturing and sales; and power generation. It was also one of the Seven Sisters that dominated the global petroleum industry from the mid-1940s to the 1970s.

Method in madness 
There is an underlying purpose in crazy behaviour. Shakespeare was hardly the first person to make this observation, but his statement of it in Hamlet (2.2) (“Though this be madness, yet there is method in’t”) gave rise to the modern idiom . It was probably already a cliché by the time G. K. Chesterton played on it (The Fad of the Fisherman, 1922): “There nearly always is method in madness. It’s what drives men mad, being methodical!”

• Thanks 1

Talking of best Aussie Prime Ministers, it seems our past PM has got a bad case of religion. I keep seeing reports of what he is preaching in church. It appears he has finally gone mad, like his mate Trump. I only hope that the symptoms are seen before he gets the top job at the UN or something similar. He would be good at the UN because he is just about as useless as the UN. They would pair up well.

• Like 1