Australian Federal Election 2022

Jerry_Atrick

The news today is reporting five ministries in Scotty's secret government. Some of his past and current colleagues are saying they would have rolled him if they'd known. I think after this, his next career move will be to quit parliament. It's hard to see him fitting in on the back bench after this. He would be as popular as a turd in a punch bowl on the opposition benches.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It's probably not the done thing to question someone's faith, but taking into account his usual form, I often wonder if it's just another one of his cons. He could be genuine, but he certainly has shown the ability to be a pretender in the past. I've known people in happy clapper churches who follow it because of their spouse; they just go along with it. Some are drawn into the churches by meeting their future partner who was instrumental in introducing them to clapping. I guess Scotty is the only one who knows for sure how real his professed faith is.

Probably the reason I doubt him is watching his addresses to the faithful. He always seems to have that same Scotty tone of voice and vocal delivery as he has when he's bullsh*tting the public or press. The faithful are blinkered enough to lap it up without question.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

Scumbag was and always will be unreliable and a liar. I would like to know what the Governor General thought he was doing allowing two people to hold one position.

A previous governoe, who later became governor general allowed the then Qld Premier to distort the legalities of government, but I really thought the present GG was above that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I had the same question- is the GG complicit in this? No one seems to he asking that question...

As far as he using the clappers to con people - well the Hillsong are being investigated for dubious stuff made of conning people so fits up SFM's Kaiber Pass: https://junkee.com/hillsong-acnc/338896

I don't know if the GG knew about it. He certainly wasn't sworn in by the governor. They said he found an 'administrative' work around to the inconvenience of doing it through the GG. I think the legality of that is what the inquiry is about.

• Informative 2

If it's fully OK and justifiable, why the secrecy?  The fact of him not producing an ICAC and how he bagged the NSW one which has to be Contempt of Court, says it all. Karen Andrews is unequivocal that  he must resign from the Parliament and Ken Wyatt WA, who didn't get re-elected in his own seat says Morrison should stay only to permit him being fully called to account  for his actions. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, onetrack said:

And in other news, Barnaby Joyce comments that "Scott Morrison has done nothing illegal by holding 5 portfolios in secret".

Of course, we all know that Barnaby Joyce is the Parliamentary expert on the subjects of upstanding morality and ethics.

I don't know.  It seems apparent that Little Barnaby was upstanding.

• Haha 2

I knew it was too good to last. It's been such a good break not seeing his mug on the media daily, and not hearing that voice. Now we've got Secret Scotty everywhere we look. I recon can the inquiry, just ignore him instead and he might finally go away for good.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

97 times before the election, Albo promised to reduce energy cost by $275. Now the budget tells us they will increase by $1000 in the next year.

And at a time when inflation is out of hand and the nation is reeling from the effect of natural disasters, the Gov't is spending $75 million on the indigenous voice referendum.

• Informative 1

Time for you embattled East Coasters to go West. In 2006, our State Govt demanded 15% of W.A. gas production be reserved for domestic purposes, and that action is now paying in spades - thanks to the Labor Govt of Alan Carpenter.

The global oil and gas corporations kicked and squealed, and abused, and threatened to go elsewhere - but it was all show. They have since invested more than $100B into W.A.'s gas production facilities and are still making money hand over fist.

And our power generation assets have not been privatised, and are still "owned by the people of W.A." - i.e., the State Govt.

Accordingly, we here in the West are looking at annual energy cost increases of around 2.5% - 3%. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-26/730-mark-mcgowan-wa-gas-reservation-budget-energy-prices/101581612

Edited by onetrack
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 2

1 hour ago, red750 said:

97 times before the election, Albo promised to reduce energy cost by $275.

That seems very specific.  I can't remember him ever promising to reduce energy costs by $275.  (Per what?  Year?  Quarter?)

I do remember Tony Abbott threatening that lamb roasts would cost $100 and Scomo threatening that EV's would kill the weekend.  I think there's a lot more lies by the conservative side of politics than the progressive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Sept 6, 2022

"Climate and Energy Minister Chris Bowen stands by $275 power price cut pledge despite Liberal claims of a broken promise."

Oct 25, 2022

"Treasurer Jim Chalmers has flagged an aggressive regulatory crackdown in the energy markets after the budget revealed households would be whacked with a 56 per cent increase in power bills over the next two years, leaving Labor’s promise to cut electricity bills by $275 all but dead.

Electricity and gas will rise sharply as the cost is passed on to households,"

I can't quote more - it's behind a paywall.

• Informative 1

As usual, there is more to the soundbytes and the portrayal by the press of things that seem so simple, but in reality, are not. Mind you, pollies don't help by trying to capitalise on them. Here is a slightly more detailed analysis: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/26/australian-voters-betrayed-energy-prices-peter-dutton-labor-budget-anthony-albanese

• Informative 3