Anti-vaxxers are the 21st Century Luddites

old man emu

Funny that NSW has said they will open up to visitors from overseas. Scumbah has said he will not allow that. First to come will be returning Aussies. When he had a chance to do some good such as by controlling the people coming off the Ruby Princess it was not his responsibility. now it suddenly is. Could he be seeing a  way of garnering support by being pro Aussie?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Call me suspicious, but I wonder if the airlines aren't being told to check someone's eligibility to travel to the destination because Scummo really wants to open up and this is his end run around premiers that, like ours, are trying to protect their state.

• Like 1

Yes... Sadly, although Gladys said Delta was new and they didn't know anything about it, it had already taken a grip in the UK which caused the UK to go back to lockdown. Instead of lying, if she had have locked down Sydney harder and faster, maybe Australia wouldn't be in the situation it finds itself...

The UK has loosened up its restrictions and, not that it was ever good, we are getting over 40K new infections a day, and close to 200 deaths a day.. and is increasing. The health officials are saying put the brakes on, but the government is letting it rip. I am guessing, at this stage, the government is losing 200*family members who can vote,  votes/day.

Peter, sad to hear of your predicament and I hope your wife pulls through and you and your family are on the mend... People don't realise how debilitating it can be when vaccinated - esp. the Delta variant and a new strain of it. My manager, a fit, early 40's person, has now been out for 4 weeks. For those who can't be vaccinated - Delta is not good.

@Fliteright - you're entitled to your opinion and entitled to air it.. Laughing at someone's argument is one thing; laughing at someone's misery (which is how I would feel in Peter's situation) is downright callous and I would suggest you seek help.

• Agree 4

When Qld opens its borders, which I suppose will happen, there are a lot of anti vaxers who ill get a shocking surprise. They have had it so good for the duration of the pandemic, that they think it will not affect them. It is going to devastate our hospital system.

I heard today on Maccas program that a retired scientist who had worked at exterminating rabbits all his career had said that his fellow scientists were predicting what happens with Covid, based on their knowledge of the viruses used to control rabbits. He said that they can't exterminate rabbits, but they have made a big reduction in their numbers and the same could happen to us.

Considering that humans are in plague proportions and destroying all around them it may not be a bad thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

When you look at the world virus figures, the "reported" death total is a tad under 5M. I think that figure is way out, thanks to a lack of reporting accuracy from many countries.

But even if the correct total deaths figure is 4 or 5 times that total number, and it's actually around 20 or 25M in deaths - that's only a drop in the ocean compared to the current world population, of 7.9 BILLION - give or take a few million.

The rabbits have got nothing on us homo sapiens, we make the rabbits look almost celibate. There's already been close on 300,000 births, just today alone.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Each generation is having fewer children, whether choice, or economics.

The wife & I had only four, ( my motherinlaw had thirteen. )

Elder brother none !, same for wife's elder brother, younger brother three.

SO my extended family of thirtysix, takes an extra nineteen spouses to get a large !,

by todays definition family.

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Grammer
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

IF your freedom of choice adversely affects ME you get my attention.. IF it makes money at the expense of other's safety I  question the morality. Normal hospital functions are crowded out by virus cases. Don't have a fall off a ladder or a heart event these days. Medical people didn't sign up for the Chaotic work conditions they now have to cope with. Hospitals and old peoples homes where already underfunded, before any of this happened. It's a LNP policy to reduce funding to everything so they can make out they reduce TAXES but the cost(s) are higher in the long run.  Nev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, facthunter said:

If your freedom of choice adversely affects ME you get my attention

How dare you consider interfering with my Right to Free Choice. Don't you know that my personal Rights are more important than any Responsibility to the community. Isn't that what our fathers and grandfathers fought wars for? What are you - some sort of jack-booted dictatorial fascist? Why don't you go and sequester your body of accumulated carbon in a 2000 x 600 x 1800 hole? Or, more likely, you are the type who wants to immediately launch your carbon into the air from a furnace.

:stirrer:

• Haha 1

The post hole borer saves a lot of land. Especially when you consider that worldwide there are 163,898 die every day. But what does it do to the groundwater?

When I reach the end, turn my old carcase into dust. That releases all the atoms for recycling. I never owned them anyway and I won't miss them.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Informative 1

Let's face it, the 60-100kg that your carcass leaves behind is a miniscule thing in the scheme of things.

Without getting too rude, the average human poop is between 250 - 500g.  Split the difference and say 333.  That means if you're a regular person you're leaving around 1kg every 3 days, or roughly speaking, 100kg a year.  So you hit say 90, yes you may have left a 100kg corpse, but over your lifetime you've dumped 9 TONNES of waste.

So forget about planting a tree over your body - go sh*t in the woods while you're alive!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

The buggers kept me awake for hours the other night; they make a weird noise!

1 hour ago, Old Koreelah said:

it’s the wierd noise they make in the middle of the nigh

You're just shitty because some buck koala is getting more night action than you are.

• Haha 2