Anti-vaxxers are the 21st Century Luddites

old man emu

I'm quite happy to have anti-vaxxers separated from mainstream society. It's segregation alright, based entirely on health reasons.

I think we should pass a law making all anti-vaxxers carry a bell and ring it, all the while they call out, "unclean!"  

I'm pleased to report, not a single side-effect to the first jab of the Moderna vaccine, just a little tenderness for a couple of days in the arm area where I got the jab, if I pressed or laid on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Public Health Order comes straight from the Bible, Lev. 13: 45–46

“Anyone not vaccinated must wear torn clothes, let their hair be unkempt, cover the lower part of their face and cry out, ‘Unclean! Unclean!’ As long as they remain unvaccinated, they remain unclean. They must live alone; they must live outside the camp.” 

image.jpeg.b798953f86bf9f867512eb65e4ebdba4.jpeg Coronavirus crisis: Anti-vaxxers and COVID-19 conspiracy theorist putting  national vaccine rollout at risk | The West Australian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course, you do all realise? -  that if the U.S. Constitution had mandatory vaccination enshrined into one of its Amendments, we wouldn't be having any of these anti-vax protests, or vaccination division amongst the nations today? :stirrer:

Edited by onetrack
  • Agree 1

Dam!

I must proof read before hitting 'send'

ANTIVAXXERS !!!!!!

Well at least some of you knew what I was trying to say 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am an antique vaxxer.

Really I should be an anti vaxxer as not being innoculated for measles saved my life. When I was a kid measles was common and treatment included not getting the patient excited. I had measles and the air raid syren went off. my parents decided to stay in the house rather than move me into the air raid shelter. There was a massive bang and next morning we discovered that the shelter had a direct hit.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

I'd put that down to the luck of the draw, myself. Others might read some divine intervention at work. If that's the case, too bad for those in the shelter.. Many of us are only here because of vaccines. Any past job I had I just HAD the required shots like everyone else did OR you didn't have the job.

I had a good mate who  was in the Merchant Navy. (British) .Those guys were sitting ducks. I really don't know HOW Britain didn't get defeated. At many stages it looked impossible. Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Marty_d said:

No, what spread was an absolute dickhead who got on a plane from NSW while positive, escaped from hotel quarantine and went to a supermarket in Bridgewater before going to a house.  Now back in quarantine (better guarded) with a $3,000 fine.  Moron.

The fines are too small and out of all proportion to the damage caused by these dunderheads.

Don’t be surprised to see lots of civil cases in the near future, where small businesses line up to get compensation from the individuals who caused them huge financial loss.

• Like 2

What is the point of suing a dunderhead for financial compensation? You pay the big bucks and they don't have the assets so that you can recover your costs.

Although each State has a criminal offence of deliberately infecting others with disease, with COVID it is near impossible to prove that a particular individual was responsible for someone else getting the disease.  For a prosecution under Criminal Law, you also have to prove that the defendant spread the disease with the intent to harm others.

In 2013, a circus acrobat, Godfrey Zaburoni, was jailed for deliberately infecting his girlfriend with HIV through unprotected sex. But his conviction was quashed by the High Court, which stated

a person’s awareness of the risk that his or her conduct may result in harm does not … support the inference that the person intended to produce the harm. The same legal reasoning applies to all other infectious diseases. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I'd put that down to the luck of the draw, myself. Others might read some divine intervention at work. If that's the case, too bad for those in the shelter.. Many of us are only here because of vaccines. Any past job I had I just HAD the required shots like everyone else did OR you didn't have the job.

I had a good mate who  was in the Merchant Navy. (British) .Those guys were sitting ducks. I really don't know HOW Britain didn't get defeated. At many stages it looked impossible. Nev

The above post is late.

Perhaps the health targeted laws should be more punitive when someone deliberately refuses to assist in tracing etc causing more loss and risk to the Community who suffer because of these actions. There's 2 Victorians sitting in a WA gaol for 10 months as an example. A lot of good work by many can be undone by a few drop kicks who care not about other's welfare. Nev

19 hours ago, Marty_d said:

No, what spread was an absolute dickhead who got on a plane from NSW while positive

They are all dickheads from NSW. That's what started it in Vic when we were having donut days. Now they are opening up open slather for foreigners into NSW, free to travel to other states and self quarantine? Give me a break!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

It's a race to catch the others off guard no matter who has to die or what hospitals get overwhelmed.. Now the New Premier and Scotty  are in a holy war TO SEE WHO IS THE BIGGEST POOH Bah as there's an election looming.. It's ALL a GAME. The economy is running the show now so don't break a leg or an arm or have a ticker problem. Nev