God help America

red750

9 minutes ago, facthunter said:

The Māori ones are impressive.  Nev

Yes, but they have cultural meaning. I think it is an offence to them for others to mimic the designs. 

Professional tattooing costs a lot of money.Tattooists' hourly rates:  Junior Tattooist$100/hour Mid-Level Tattooist$150/hou rProfessional Tattooist$200/hour Highly Experienced Tattooist$250/hour

Living frugally on a pension, with only myself to support, It saddens me when I see  in the shopping centres, young couples both heavily tattooed with a couple of toddlers tagging along. My parents went without for their children, as did my wife and I. What sort of parental instincts do these young couples have when they spend all that money on themselves?

• Like 2
  • Winner 2

I've found that he bigger the city, the bigger the Freak Show.

I cannot understand the deficient brain cells behind a beautiful young girl graffitiing her gorgeous body with scribbles and scrawls and other rubbish such as faces. 

Then there's the health factor involved. The skin is the bodys largest single organ and its most important organ. The skin protects our life support systems against invasion by 100's of bacteria, viruses, chemicals and other nasties.

But these people then inject themselves with inks, dyes and pigments that have never ever been medically approved, and which are sourced from dubious manufacturers.

A tattoo is the visible result of the skin rejecting these foreign bodies, it is screaming in revolt trying to eject this garbage from entering our blood and lymph systems.

So these same people will want to know what chemicals or additives are in their food or drinks before they consume it? 

And the bottom line is - every single tattooist or tattoo parlour in Australia has links to, or is required to pay, Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, for the rights to operate their tattooing business.

Many tattoo parlours have "mysteriously" been burnt down - because they tried to operate outside the control of OMG's. So a large percentage of the money spent on tattooing has gone to support major criminal groups. As Homer would say - "Duhh!"

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

19 minutes ago, onetrack said:

I cannot understand the deficient brain cells behind a beautiful young girl graffitiing her gorgeous body with scribbles and scrawls and other rubbish such as faces. 

As I have said on a few occasions, it's like scratching a new Mercedes with a screwdriver.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having respect for the only body you will have is just being realistic for people with any brains. Peer group Pressure is strong but changing your mind about your Tatts is pretty painful and may be disfiguring.. You really are mixing with the seamy side of town also. Maybe thrill seeking nonconformist, conforming to the nonconformists way of things.

Red, you don't scratch YOUR Mercedes. You scratch someone else's out of spite or Jealousy.  It is only a consumable anyhow and can be replaced. I don't condone it. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, old man emu said:

Living frugally on a pension, with only myself to support, It saddens me when I see  in the shopping centres, young couples both heavily tattooed with a couple of toddlers tagging along…

My grandies have some heavily totooed cousins who actively encourage them to “get a tat” and their mother supports them. These cousins are nice enough kids, but far from good role models, dropping out of education and drifting from one job to another. Hopefully, the kids will see that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

" they should be building " .

Not if the Beauroracrats have anythingto do with ' their new pastime ' .

When's the last time you saw a ' home built car ' , let alone an aeroplane. 

We will soon be licensed to ' tie our own shoe laces ' .

GOD help Australia. 

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have to be honest, a sublte tattoo at the right spot that is artistic can be quite alluring. However, generally, they are big, brash and ugly.

What really turns me off are those that are, as Nev says, p155-heads and I would add druggies, and, for me, worst of all, smokers and vapers.

As for those that tattoo every inch of their body in a way designed to shock - IMHO exposes underlying mental health or social exclusion issues and they are making their statement. I don't personally find them that offensive  that I would banish them to an otherwise uninhabited island; but I tend to give them a wide berth in case what they have is contagious

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was in Broome once, maybe 20 yrs or so ago, and was walking down the street with SWMBO - when a young woman came walking towards us with as many tatts as your local Hells Angel bikie wears.

I was obviously staring at her, trying to take it all in - and when we got close, I got greeted with the snarl .... "WTF are YOU looking at???" 

Well, it immediately became obvious I was looking at one permanently angry young woman - but if she didn't want to be stared at, why did she decorate herself in such an outstanding manner, that it made people stare at her? 

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1