God help America

red750

Garlic used to bother me but now I use it a lot. Cigarette  smokers really stink but BO is usually because the individual is unwell or chews Betel nut etc. I've used underarm deodorant's to get rid of Ringtail possums'. Not mine, it's what my sons used at the time, Dreadful stuff.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Didn't the Viet Cong know when Yanks were about because they exuded the small of butter or other fats that were not typical of Vietnamese or the jungle?  That could have been earlier on in the "Intervention". Later it was just a case of sniffing the air for gunja.

• Agree 1

I did read Colonel Hackworth's book ("About Face") in which he aleged that one of his methods of reducing the losses of his soldiers was to prohibit washing with soap, shaving, and eating western food for 24hrs prior to every patrol.  Otherwise the enemy could smell them coming from a great distance.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

I reckon he soon picked up she was a religious BS-artist of the highest order. She's always out to control the narrative around her, and there's a huge amount of secrecy surrounding her upbringing and origins. Seems like she has a fondness for rich old men who are vastly older than her. Gee, who'd have imagined that scenario?

I like the way she claimed she couldn't handle the media being focused on her, as she was such a "private person" who "valued her privacy". What a load of crap, she had her own live radio show, with her obviously loving the limelight, and generating all those brainless followers of her. She's a female Trump.

Edited by onetrack
correction...
  • Like 1

I have spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh back in the late 90's/early noughties. PGH is (or was) a really good US city. When it looked like my company was going to move me to the US, it was high on the list. Quite safe, clean and tidy, good educational facilities and the like. It was also quite green. Mt Washington had some great bars that overlooked the city. The outer suburbs were OK..

image.thumb.png.b3be3b417408d73893a75e148c647aff.png

(Cable car that goes up Mt Washington).

Miles better than Philadelphia, which is a poop-hole. I worked there a lot, too and on the weekends, I was in NY - about an hour drive north, from memory.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Informative 1

I know tattoos are popular these days, although I’m glad our kids don’t have any, but you really have to wonder why some people choose to destroy their faces like that. We’ve got a well known bikie here in Perth, Troy Mercanti, who  has also obliterated his face.

• Like 1