God help America

red750

I wonder if a ruling by a judge, which review by other judges was found to be illegal, could be charged with perverting the course of Justice?  I don't mean the case where a judge told porkies about who drove his car through a red light.  What US District Judge Aileen Cannon did smacks of perverting the course of Justice. But when the Bench is stacked with supporters of one political philosophy, can you expect any different.

The People's Court (German: Volksgerichtshof,) was a Sondergericht ("special court") of Nazi Germany, set up outside the operations of the constitutional frame of law. The 'People's Court' used Nazi judges who swore on oath of loyalty to Hitler. There were no juries, judges decided the fate of the accused often in secret trials. We might say that Trump is a moron, but it looks like he is an expert in Right Wing extremist politics.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

DT knows how to manipulate the facts. That's a proven. Whether appointed Judges can  remake policy is pretty dubious. It's really CORRUPTION no less.. Elected representative should make the LAWS. Not BOUGHT Judges installed for LIFE by someone who RIGS things claiming Privilege. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

While we once again get outraged at their latest abuse of power, trump and his cronies are lauging all the way to the bank.

What America really needs is reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine that Reagan got rid of to please his cynical mate Rupert Murdoch.

Since then, right wing media has been free to spread lies and hatred to the millions who think it’s wonderful to hear someone in authority giving voice to their darker nature.

• Like 3

This interesting YT video came up. Basically, it says that, as we all know, the appointment of a special master, and suspension of criminal investigation is illeage, but the DoJ has motioned for a partial stay of the court order to do so so, and that the stay should apply to the top secret documents, whereas any personal documents that were also collected can remain under the obligation of the stay.

If Trump's lawyers argue the motion in the only possible way - and that is to contend he owns the documents, then he is asserting that he has effectively stole them. Otherwise the motions will have to result in an amended order and the DoJ can continue.

In the mean time, the DoJ is appealing the whole order to what I gather is the equivalent of the state supreme court. That will take time, but may end up in this judges career being cut short.

Also, the mid terms are coming up and the Republicans are widely tipped to win the house. The senate, which was widely tipped to go their way, too, is now in doubt thanks to a surge of women registering to vote thanks to the replublican led overturning of Row v Wade. Looks liek they are taking the guns an dpointing them to their feet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is the bloke that said to all who would listen that HE could shoot someone in the street and get away with it.

Also prior to the election that he would only ACCEPT the outcome IF HE WON. Like Heads I win, Tails you lose.   It could be a joke if it wasn't so serious.. In the home of Democracy they won't accept the vote process Or the courts or etc etc.. Serving pilots, Marines and Soldiers are called  by the their, C in C "suckers and Losers".. A hanging nose for his running mate  Mike Pence, while the rest of the World looks on with wonder and says WTF!!. Nev

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, after 15..yes, 15 rounds of voting, Kevin McCarthy finally got what he wanted. What sort of electoral system have they got? "I'll keep holding elections till I get the result I want." Donald Trump all over again.

And now a 6 year old takes a gun to school and shoots the teacher, leaving her with life-threatening injuries. What the ....?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It will be interesting to see if he gave away too much to get the last votes. I really don't understand how those republicans think, so I have to put them in with pedophiles and flat-earthers, neither of which I understand. Bank robbers....  yep I understand them, as well as scammers and most crooks. Putin, I understand too even though I am on the other side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Republicans got into the white house when Trump was elected. He should never have been promoted as heir candidate because it was obvious he was a mas narcissist.  He told lies and denigrated anyone who disagreed with him and was an all round fool, but he was the republicans fool.  Now he has hoodwinked half the party and they don't want to lose him, so he is controlling just about half of the US politicians. What a mess and we see other potential dictators acting in the same way. Bolsanaro at the moment and our own Scott Morrison took a few leaves from his book. It looks like the end of our type of civilization and the start of Putinism or Trumpeting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Their aim seems to be try to make Government ineffective and dysfunctional but they still want help when a bad weather event occurs but to pay no taxes.. Everyone armed to the teeth to protect themselves from themselves. Throwing a coin into a beggars hat will be punishable by death . One could ask just WHAT are they on since the TEA Party became prominent.  I know quite a few Americans and they pity us. Some of them are the most generous you will find but don't talk Politics (or religion). Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Agree 1

Their appeals court just overturned the ban on bump stocks that was introduced after some madman shot about 58 people (from memory). The gun lobby argued that the bump stock technically didn't make the rifle into a machine gun as per the definition of a machine gun, because the trigger was pulled separately on each `bump'. Therefore it was just a rapidly firing rifle and not a machine gun/automatic weapon. The court agreed. What is it with these people?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Marty_d said:

The Republican / NRA answer to the 6yo shooting a teacher, would be to arm teachers. 

Can't find the video, but it was a stand-up comedienne whose day job was being a teacher. She made a joke that the school was prepared to issue her with a Glock they had purchased, but she still had to buy pencils out of her own money.

• Like 1

I reckon that democracy is a fragile thing. It constantly has to fend off the idea that a "strong man" above the law would do better.

Of course, this is a nonsense idea, the reality is that the "strong man" is a mental defect but its very compelling for lazy people to like the idea.

• Agree 3

The news out of America has gone beyond apalling; we’re watching a once great nation destroy itself. The Republican party has consistently voted against every effort to improve the country. The central policy of today’s GOP is to cut taxes to the rich, while most of their media straight out lies to the people- most of whom don’t realise how much they’re being conned, because their education system has been so dumbed down. 

Who started the rot?

image.thumb.jpeg.28260f075cd2e64b1145ff4ca981d781.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

I like your analysis old K. I hope things are not so bad....  let us wait for the next election results. Don't forget that they did indeed get rid of trump at the last election....  not many only got one term.

On education, it is interesting to see how our kids are way behind Chinese kids, and those Chinese kids have their ancient hieroglyphic writing to learn, gosh they should be years behind our kids.

One thing about the chinese though is that they seem to use arabic numerals like we do....  does anybody know the story here?

I can see why they took up arabic numbers, just imagine trying to do arithmetic with roman numerals...but surely the alphabet-based writing we have is a similar improvement?

• Like 3

I just read that in Virginia after a 6 year old shot his teacher, that guns must be secured from anyone under 14. So once your kid is 14 you can leave guns lying around the house for them to play with. Also apparently a 6 year does not have the ability or mental state to form the intent to commit a crime but a 7 year old does. Really? Only in America.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, kgwilson said:

I just read that in Virginia after a 6 year old shot his teacher, that guns must be secured from anyone under 14. So once your kid is 14 you can leave guns lying around the house for them to play with. Also apparently a 6 year does not have the ability or mental state to form the intent to commit a crime but a 7 year old does. Really? Only in America.

- and the crazy bastards reckon a ten year old is mature enough to become a mother, yet in most states you have to be 21 to drink.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can actually put numbers onto a racist idea. In Menlo Park, a billionaire founded a school for gifted kids. Entry was to be by IQ test, but the racial mix  had to be like the surrounding population.

Here's what happened...   If you looked white, no change to your score

If you looked Asian, 6 percent was removed

If you looked black, 20% was added.

This is not really racist in that the top kid could well be black and the bottom kid could well be Asian. My idea of racist is when you don't give a person a fair go because of ideas from their race. I would have voted for Obama against Bush for example.

In fact, I reckon the difference between their scores could well be cultural, noting that Obama was brought up well away from the black culture that exists in the usa mainland cities.

Edited by Bruce Tuncks

I like the story where the young woman teacher told interviewers that she could instantly access a school-funded Glock for her own protection - but she had to buy her own pencils and pens.

Says it all really, as to how warped and illogical and perverted, the Americans systems really are. 

• Like 1

Like the story of the kid who went into a store to buy Playboy.

Sorry son, you're too young.

He went into another store and tried to buy cigaettes.

Went to a liquor store to buy a bottle of beer.

Went to a gunshop and bought a gun legally, then went back to hold up the other stores.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2