Who is to blame for the fires?

Bruce

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for an idea: Suppose I hire an indigenous consultant and get him to tell me to burn the scrub beginning as soon as possible in the spring and use multiple small fires just like the aborigines used to have.   ( This might be possible, on the other hand it may be that a fire will either not start or get out of control, what with the non-burning for many years.)

Will this indigenous card checkmate the politically correct powers that be, who are currently saying I can do nothing?     Well actually they are not saying that right now as they are not replying to my emails. But the law says I can do nothing.             

We are carrying out official Protective Burning ("Prescribed Burns") here, in forest on the outskirts of Perth, as we speak - in the middle of Summer.

There's no actual burning being carried out today, as the wind is not favourable, tending to South-Easterly in the afternoon, with a high possibility of heavy smoke levels being blown back over the City, if lit today.

But as soon as the wind is favourable, blowing smoke Easterly and South-Easterly, over less densely-populated areas, then the Burn will go ahead.

https://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/management/fire/prescribed-burning/burns

Burns are only a component of the management of the land in past times. It's never been the whole process.The way some growth/ regrowth has occurred it probably can't be just done on it's own without mor einvolved management.. A lot more research has to be done than just consider fuel reduction alone because you can have a lot of fuel reduction and still get uncontrollable fires. How fires burn has a lot to do with moisture, humidity , temperature, prevailing wind and the slope of the terrain. Nev

Smokers beware

As Australia battles through a catastrophic bushfire season, the tolerance for those who litter is at an all-time low.

The NSW government has warned drivers who toss lit cigarettes from vehicles will be hit with five demerit points and the punishment is higher if it happens during a total fire ban.

From January 17, tossers will face a fine of up to $11,000 and twice the demerit points.

IS "anyone" who gets up with a contrary view, OK to be made a public character assassination TARGET, to achieve political goals? It's pretty clear where the money and power are and that TRUTH has little to do with" their"  actions.  Deliberate creation of confusion is popular.. Then Abot would say" IF you don't understand it , DON'T vote for it" and call a price on Carbon  A TOXIC TAX.  etc. Nev

So tossers will be fined. I wonder what use it is to have fines for tossing cigarette butts out of a car. I have never heard of a conviction and increasing the fines does not lessen the incidence of tossing.

I have dobbed in people tossing rubbish from cars to our local council, complete with impelling evidence such as names and addresses on litter. There has never been a prosecution. Council says it is too difficult to get a conviction.

Likewise with straying dogs, attacking cattle, but in that case they did get the owner to attempt to restrain them.

The war of ideas  (which had been won by the denier side and which caused Morrison to be pm)  has been decisively lost now.

There might have been a hint when Abbott lost his seat, but his was an unusually well-off and educated seat.

Now we had Greta Thunberg, followed by the fires. It will be interesting to see if those liberals who survive are going to be the ones who promise to attend to climate change. There are hints in Morrison's comments that he has been advised to stop being such a denier, but he has low credibility.

If ScoMo becomes climate change believer, then we know for sure that climate change is not happening. He has the credibility of a three dollar note, and as reliable as a two bob watch.

He is, however, a weathervane.  Having no actual positions of his own (apart from pork-barrelling and happy-clappy pentecostalism), if the LNP by some miracle actually judged the mood of the electorate and started to retreat from their denialism foxholes, he would swing around to a new position.

Not wishy washy. They are not really a problem anywhere as they never achieve anything, but the LNP are more dangerous. They are professional politicians and therefore only have one aim. To win the next election and don't let what is best for Australia get in the way.

The pork-barrelling saga continues.

Not only has Bridget given sports grants disproportionately to clubs in marginal electorates leading up to last year's election, she's also given $36k to a clay pigeon shooting club she's involved with.

Meanwhile SFM himself is involved with the Lilli Pilli soccer club which, despite not being open to the general public, has received about half a mill from the general public's pockets.

And let's not forget Georgina Downer with that big novelty cheque for some bowls club with the LNP logo and her supercilious mug all over it.

Reckon hashtag "SportsPorkGate" will take off?

But they are just tiny battling quiet Australians. Just getting on with sucking the public purse for private benefit.

Its their DNA, any changes will be marketing not real action.

Gotta love that poor downtrodden rowing club in Mosman on Sydney Harbour. They got $500,000 for their loyalty. Some got big chunks to develop a foyer to attract weddings etc for profit.

LNP , the best corruption bang for your buck.