Funny videos

red750

I found the cure - don't get married. I just shacked up with my better half, and 32 years later, we're still together, and we still love each other, and we get along just fine - with just the occasional argument.

It's all about tolerance. I tolerate her foibles and she tolerates my faults. I think I also picked a woman with a "good heart" - that makes all the difference. Some are just lazy, self-interested gold diggers.

But a lot of blokes have huge relationship problems, too - they can be really controlling and jealous, and violent with it. Domestic abuse is still with us, despite all the attempts to eradicate it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was a good series. I once saw a similar car like that in Doomadgee. But it still had it's roof attached. Roof was dished in where it hadn't handled trampoline duty very well. No glass, not a single unbeaten panel, no muffler, half flat tyres. It was pushed into the servo by a bunch of blokes, refuelled, pushed out, bump started. About 8 blokes piled in and they roared off. Normal out there. They just drove in to buy a loaf of bread. At least they were getting some exercise.

• Like 2

City do-gooders should go and spend at least a couple of welfare cycles living in a couple of remote communities  to find the truth about CURRENT indigenous culture before they tell the government to throw money at a problem that can not be solved by money.

Say, OME. Do I get a pat on the head for posting our longest single sentence?

• Like 2

I bought a used Hilux in an Alice Springs auction in 2014, and flew over from Perth to drive it back. I was well down the Tjukaruru Road, well West of Uluru and somewhere just East of Kaltukatjara, when I came across a single Indigene in a Holden Barina, sitting alongside the car, which sported a flat rear tyre. It was about 38°C, a mild day for late October.

I pulled up and said, "You right mate?" He came over to my window with a toothless grin, and said. "I gotta flat tyre, and I got no jack or wheel spanner! You got a jack and wheel spanner?"

As it was, I was running a bit light on my normal level of tools and spares carried - because the Hilux was in good nick, and I couldn't carry much by way of spares or tools on the RPT flight, because I was carrying a fair amount of camping gear for the trip.

I remember I had some basic stuff, a shifter, a pair of pliers and a couple of ring spanners - and the Hilux original tool kit, which wasn't much more.

As luck would have it, the Barina had these weird 9/16" or 14mm wheel nuts - and they were TIGHT!! I tried all the basic tools I had, and I couldn't move a single one of them!

I asked him where he was from, and he said he was from a local community, "just up the road" (possibly at least 50-60 kms), and he was heading to another community to the East. 

I ended up saying I couldn't help him - and I knew he probably had no spare as well. But then came the standard requests. "You got any water?" - as he produced his single soft-drink bottle of water that had probably less than a litre left in it!

So I filled his soft drink bottle for him (because I'd bought 20 litres in Alice Springs before I left, and I regarded that as a minimum for the distances between "civilisation" out there), and he was happy.

Then came the next expected request. "You got any petrol?" Of course I had plenty of spare petrol, because I wasn't going to get caught out in the Outback with inadequate reserves! I had enough to get me through to Laverton, nearly 1000kms to the West. So I gave him about 7 litres of petrol and told him that was all I could spare, and he was happy.

Then came the final request. "You gotta big hammer?" "What do you want the big hammer for?"

"Well, dat big bolt dat holds the back axle on (he pointed out the leading edge of the rear axle locating link) fell out last week! So I banged dis big piece of steel in dere, and it's coming out again!"

I might add, this chunk of scrap steel he'd bashed in, was now hanging out the side of the car about 300mm! - posing a real threat to anyone coming close to the car!

I advised him I didn't have a hammer big enough for the job, so he just grinned and shrugged. Someone else will have one!

I drove off and left him there, wondering how many other travellers he'd pull the same stunt on - and wondering how many times a week he pulled it!!

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 13/07/2022 at 4:34 PM, onetrack said:

I bought a used Hilux in an Alice Springs auction in 2014, and flew over from Perth to drive it back. I was well down the Tjukaruru Road, well West of Uluru and somewhere just East of Kaltukatjara, when I came across a single Indigene in a Holden Barina, sitting alongside the car, which sported a flat rear tyre. It was about 38°C, a mild day for late October.

I pulled up and said, "You right mate?" He came over to my window with a toothless grin, and said. "I gotta flat tyre, and I got no jack or wheel spanner! You got a jack and wheel spanner?"

As it was, I was running a bit light on my normal level of tools and spares carried - because the Hilux was in good nick, and I couldn't carry much by way of spares or tools on the RPT flight, because I was carrying a fair amount of camping gear for the trip.

I remember I had some basic stuff, a shifter, a pair of pliers and a couple of ring spanners - and the Hilux original tool kit, which wasn't much more.

As luck would have it, the Barina had these weird 9/16" or 14mm wheel nuts - and they were TIGHT!! I tried all the basic tools I had, and I couldn't move a single one of them!

I asked him where he was from, and he said he was from a local community, "just up the road" (possibly at least 50-60 kms), and he was heading to another community to the East. 

I ended up saying I couldn't help him - and I knew he probably had no spare as well. But then came the standard requests. "You got any water?" - as he produced his single soft-drink bottle of water that had probably less than a litre left in it!

So I filled his soft drink bottle for him (because I'd bought 20 litres in Alice Springs before I left, and I regarded that as a minimum for the distances between "civilisation" out there), and he was happy.

Then came the next expected request. "You got any petrol?" Of course I had plenty of spare petrol, because I wasn't going to get caught out in the Outback with inadequate reserves! I had enough to get me through to Laverton, nearly 1000kms to the West. So I gave him about 7 litres of petrol and told him that was all I could spare, and he was happy.

Then came the final request. "You gotta big hammer?" "What do you want the big hammer for?"

"Well, dat big bolt dat holds the back axle on (he pointed out the leading edge of the rear axle locating link) fell out last week! So I banged dis big piece of steel in dere, and it's coming out again!"

I might add, this chunk of scrap steel he'd bashed in, was now hanging out the side of the car about 300mm! - posing a real threat to anyone coming close to the car!

I advised him I didn't have a hammer big enough for the job, so he just grinned and shrugged. Someone else will have one!

I drove off and left him there, wondering how many other travellers he'd pull the same stunt on - and wondering how many times a week he pulled it!!

We once came across a bunch of them in an old HJ45 Landcruiser just outside Rabbit Flat roadhouse on the Tanami. They had a rear tyre gone and no spare, so had put it in 4WD and driven on three tyres and one steel rim. We saw the rim marks in the dirt road for 140 klm, but you could add a few extra k's for the time it took to completely destroy the flat tyre.

They were travelling at night and took the wrong turn into Rabbit Flat, so got stuck in the table drain. Once a front wheel lifted off the ground, they couldn't climb out of it. There were about fifteen of them in the vehicle (lots of kids), and they had camped on the ground until we came along. They didn't have much in the way of supplies, just some water and some very long spears tied to the tie rail of the tray.

• Like 1

Sad to say, Rabbit Flat Roadhouse was closed last time I went that way.

It was a real icon of the outback - añd was built as sturdy as you'd expect of the only licenced premises located halfway along a thousand kilometer desert shortcut to Alice

• Like 1