Funny videos

red750

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, onetrack said:

The ultimate definition of sailing: "It's the equivalent of standing under a cold shower in the open air, steadily tearing up $100 notes".

I've heard the same about motor boats (the real ones) - you may as well just make a boat-sized hole in the water and fill it with money.

Mind you, they may say the same about aircraft.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, onetrack said:

The ultimate definition of sailing: "It's the equivalent of standing under a cold shower in the open air, steadily tearing up $100 notes".

With all due respect to your borrowed inappropriate cynical quip,

That is actually the definition of RACING sailboats. It is also the definition of racing anything!

It also happens to define ANY kind of flying !

Here's a better quote for you -

"There is nothing half so worth doing, as messing about in boats."

BTW, can any of you blokes stand me a loan to get my repaired sail back? I'm a bit short after paying the slipway.

• Haha 2

A mate has a concrete yacht tied up in a Hobart marina.  Not sure if it's still there but it was costing him $350/week.  Then someone came and stole all the copper wiring out of it.  Got caught but the thief is broke anyway, so he's not going to get anything back.  So my mate was almost tempted to tow the boat out to sea and scuttle it - no one wants to buy it.  He offered to give it to me but I don't need another loss making asset.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Remember the 1973 Sydney-Hobart Race winner Helsal ? Helsal  was a seventy-two foot ferro-concrete sloop based in Sydney. 

After the race, it cruised back to Sydney just after the New Year where it was moored after arriving during the weekend. The next Monday, PMG workmen were digging theough it to lay phone lines.

The first Helsal, nicknamed the flying footpath, won many races on the east coast until being sold for charter in Philipines.  I believe she had a long but interesting career. It has been salvaged twice in Manila in 1980 after going up on a reef, then later being sunk and refloated.

• Informative 1