If this is "faith", none for me please

Marty_d

Yes, I'd forgotten all about the Argonauts. I can remember joining, but I can't for the life of me, recall my appointed Argonaut name. All the records have long been dumped.

And of course, who can forget, "Yes, What?"....

Dr Pym - "Good morning, boys!" ... The Students - "Goooooood Moooooorrrning, Sir!!"

Dr Pym - GREENBOTTLE!! ...

Greenbottle - "Yes, sir! ..."

Dr Pym - Yes, What? ...

(sounds of whacking with the cane) ...

Greenbottle - "OWWWW!!" ......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Comedy is generally a good cure for religiosity.  Humour and intelligence are more powerful than dogma.  Ricky Gervais is the prime example of this but there are many others.

I choose to half agree Marty.

I have yet to meet a religious practicioner, who gets it, that the joke is on them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

Politics is a cutthroat business even when no blood is spilled- misinformation, bribery and manipulation have destroyed many an MP’s career.

Sometimes that is the fate of an honest potitician.

(Edit) or sometimes it is belatedly served to a deserving one... (Credit;- Wolfie)

Edited by nomadpete

As long as he doesn't get out.. that is fine..

I have often wondered how stupid the American system was with respect to multiple life sentences that result in hundreds of years on a sentence.. I guess it is designed to keep them in, even if an appeal for leniency wins.. "Yeah, we'll reduce the senteence to only 2 life sentences". Whether or not the jail system works is another question... but at least I can see the "logic" to such long sentences...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My opinion is that the US criminal justice system is purely punitive with no intent to rehabilitate. At least what the impression is from their songs, which can influence their movie scripts. It seems that for  anything that we would punish by fine, they get 30 days in the slammer. In Australia a person can get two "life sentences", but they are served concurrently, not sequentially. And by the time a person has served twenty years or so, they are getting old and unhealthy, so they are paroled so that they don't die in custody and create mountains of paperwork.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2