Mythical creatures - or are they?

red750

On 21/01/2023 at 9:09 PM, nomadpete said:

Realistically, any mode of physical transport capable of interstallar travel, must have conquered time travel and the speed of light. Therefore the vehicle no longer has to obey our normal rules of areodynamics. After all, most of it's journey is NOT in an atmosphere. It isn't confined to slim saucer shapes. Or flower pots. Could easily be the shape of Scrooge McDuck's money bin. Or a phone box.

The UFO mob have a serious lack of imagination!

Ah, but maybe the saucer is just the landing craft.  The interstellar craft which is shaped like a cube or a sphere or whatever is behind the dark side of the moon.  Still have to have something capable of handling atmosphere, no matter how good your inertial dampers are.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

One of the members of the research team on a program I watch, Expedition Bigfoot, is a respected primatologist and anthropologist, Dr Mireya Mayor.

Here is an extract from the Wikipedia article on her.

Mireya Mayor is an American anthropologist, primatologist, and wildlife correspondent for National Geographic, part of a research expedition that discovered a new species of lemur, considered the world's smallest primate. She has co-written several scientific papers on lemur species, and has been referred to as the "female Indiana Jones."

Mireya Mayor turned a love of animals and a well-timed college class ...

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

every one ! .

Has a theory . BUT Perhaps they have conquered ' immortality ' . 

No time travel .

No super tech vehicles .

Just hitch up the ' Solar sails ' , sit back and wait a few Earth centuries . stopping at ever interesting ' rock ' that they want to .

spacesailor

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spacesailor said:

every one ! .

Has a theory . BUT Perhaps they have conquered ' immortality ' . 

No time travel .

No super tech vehicles .

Just hitch up the ' Solar sails ' , sit back and wait a few Earth centuries . stopping at ever interesting ' rock ' that they want to .

spacesailor

If so, they’re using technology (and maybe laws of physics) that are beyond our imagination.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

'Solar sails ' is not very technical.  Every ' star ' has a radiation of atom pushing out from the star ,.

My " spacesailor " is traveling the cosmic heavens , using my solar sales !.

I saw a painting as a youth , that was interested in flying , & that ' peter-pan 'image will forever be in my dreams .

To  ' soar like an eagle '  even if only a dream is GREAT .

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I acknowledge the original custodians of the land on which this post was written.

There is a documentary which has played a couple of times on Foxtel recently, called Yeti Massacre.

It is the story of a group of nine teenaged students in Russia who went hiking in the Urals, and didn't come back. A search party located the remains of all of them a couple of weeks later, horribly mutilated. Some were dismembered, a couple crushed so badly they had multiple crushed ribs and other broken bones, and other organs burst. A young girl had had her tongue ripped out, and the autopsy revealed more than a litre of blood in her stomach, indicating it had been done while she was alive. 

It had to be done by something very large, and extremely powerful. Bears were ruled out. The concensus was that it was onwe or more Yeti.

There are reports that Stalin sent a company od soldiers into the Urals to capture a Yeti alive to train as a fighting animal. One was captured and was being transported back to Moscow in a rail boxcar, but and incident on the journey resulted in the Yeti being killed.

Himmler is supposed to have captured a Yeti, and its stuffed carcase is in a museum in Italy.

• Informative 1

The event of the teenage hikers at Dyatlov Pass has caused controversy ever since they were discovered, but researchers have concluded the deaths weren't caused by aliens or Yetis, but by the possibility of Russian weapons testing. I don't think their deaths will ever be satisfactorily explained.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident#:~:text=It is undisputed that six,to try to add layers.

• Informative 2