Albo & Co.

willedoo

You can arrange to stay in your car outside the surgery which is  best for everyone. You don't need a waiting room full of snotty coughing kids with no masks. With symptoms I'd do more RAT's. Having access to those drugs early in the Piece can help a lot/ You sure don't need to get long Covid. There's a lot of Covid around now (unsurprisingly) and getting worse. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, facthunter said:

Time for a dissertation on PLEBS, OME?? Nev

The term is rather Ho-Hum. The form of the word comes directly from Ancient Latin and may be related to the Greek, plēthos, meaning masses. As in all civilisations the Romans had their hereditary ruling class, created by Romulus' appointment of the first hundred senators, whose descendants became the patriciate. The plebeians (also called plebs) were the general body of free Roman citizens who were not patricians -everyone else. The plebeians formed the majority, but in the early years of the Roman Republic they didn't have much political influence. Ancient Roman tradition claimed that the Conflict led to laws being published, written down, and given open access starting in 494 BC with the law of the Twelve Tables, which also introduced the concept of equality before the law.

Since the plebeians were the ones who carried the Republic through trade and agriculture, many plebeians became quite wealthy. That's no different from what we see in our civilisation today. At the same time there were those who for various reasons inhabited the socio-economic slime. So to say that the plebeians were the downtrodden of Ancient Rome is quite incorrect. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

SKY are heaping on him so he must be alright.  That would be payback for running a petition to the federal parliament against Murdoch . Kevin 747?  He only ever Flew around in a lowly B 737 standard model  business interior. It looks like the same one Penny Wong just went to China in. RAAF plane.. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've said before, I would like the bloke as PM. It is precisely those attributes

10 hours ago, onetrack said:

loud, brash, entertaining, outspoken, cocksure in his opinions, and with little diplomacy

but unlike Trump, coupled with

9 hours ago, facthunter said:

above average intelligence, witty and temperate and display a bit of culture and don't threaten to "Wipe that  Silly grin off your  face or I will."  and know good wine. 

and then coupled with empathy and a natural sense of justice, that makes him a quality pollie (qualli pollie).

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

I used to think I understood how capping prices would cause inflation, but these days I think that inflation is caused by too much money chasing too few goods. So if you have something which is not limited , like computer memory, then the govt is free to print money so people can buy those goods without causing inflation. But something like city property...  very limited stuff, so subject to inflation.