What about Joe?

willedoo

Thanks Jerry.

A well written speech, with all jokes making a point with regard to numerous recent crazy events.

Only marred by his somewhat slurred speech which may have always been like that.

Did he have two teleprompters or did he actually memorise it?

Refreshing to hear more than just the usual distorted sound bites that MSM generally offer us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

Was he once a swimming coach? My other half trained under a Stan Tilley and helped coach an Olympic Gold Medalist.

Don't think so - he ran an automotive parts business here for years, "Tilley Auto Parts".

• Informative 1

• 9 months later...

The man can't finish a sentence and when he gets "stuck" he says "I don't want to get started". Personally I'd love to hear him "get started". Finish what you were saying. But he can't. His mind is a jumble ....

I'm gob-smacked at the lack of young politicians in the US that can't get a foot-hold in the Presidency. But don't get me started .... 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mr.Vegemite said:

I'm gob-smacked at the lack of young politicians in the US that can't get a foot-hold in the Presidency. But don't get me started ....

It's all about the time taken to develop the political acumen and connections. JFK was in his mid-forties when he was elected. However, he was riding on the political connections and money of his father. 

I posted elsewhere that a lot of current world leaders are in their forties/early fifties, which makes them children of the mid 60s to the end of the 70s. They are the Gen-Xers.  Generation X benefited from a time of economic prosperity. As a result, they experienced and embraced small business and entrepreneurial opportunities. Now, they are doing things differently to the generations that went before them.

In ages past, these would have been the community elders, those from earlier generations having passed on.

• Like 1

When a cynical mate and I were discussing politicians ages, many years ago - and I remarked at the lack of younger politicians, he replied with, "You do know the reason why there's no younger politicians, don't you? It's because you don't learn to lie properly, until you're 40!!" :classic_sad:

Edited by onetrack
  • Haha 1