Who knew?

red750

I once read that the number of children whose fathers were not the official one was 15%.

I found this hard to believe. The story was that there was a village in India where they asked to do DNA research. The locals agreed but at the time DNA testing was not so good.

Much later, DNA testing got good enough to determine paternity and they re-ran their blood samples and got the 15% figure.

I reckon this is an over-estimate for Australia. We do not have arranged marriages here for one thing.

Bruce, 15% may be an overestimate, but I thin the number is probably more than you think. There have been cases where a child contracts or is born with a disease where the gene which is defective is only present in men, and when the father gets tested, his gene is not defective and it therefore is not passed on. The only explanation is that the father is not the husband/partner. There was a famous case in the US, where a family had 5 kids (or something like that) and it turned out none of them were fathered by the husband.

The reality is that a woman's natural instinct is to mate with the best possible male to give their offspring the best possible chance of survival. Many things come into it, but I recking there is a decent chunk of the female population that settle for second best in the procreation respect with a life partner as there are other factors to consider in terms of a life-long relationship. Of these, undoubtedly, most have the moral compass to not fool around, but I bet a fair chunk of them also probably do end up rearing at least one offspring fathered by another man. It may not be 15% - but I would be surprised if it was materially less than 10%.

To top it off...  at the dinner table the other day, the kids were asking about divorce, etc, and my partner said something, sort of in jest, that the first marriage is the one you want to have and raise a child with, the second is who you want to spend the rest of your life with... hopefully they coincide...

• Agree 1

Women certainly have a difficult situation... if they don't get pregnant, those genes are removed from the pool.  They are under pressure to get the best genes PLUS the best provider possible. What if these 2 aspects come in 2 different men?  Makes you glad to be a bloke huh? We just need to have sex as much as possible.

• Winner 1

AND

Not all females are,were looking,trying to get pregnant with their offsprings father.

A little bit of force, used to be the normal date thing.

Hopefully long gone now,

Then came the Date rape drug, with sleeping dates not saying NO.

AND LASTLY. 

THE politician who paid 12 year olds to get pregnant.

In my opinion that unscrupulous prime minister should have been on

" sex with a minor " charges,

it broke hundreds of parents hearts.

AND

All those potential woman becoming The social " single parent " stigma.

Without much hope of a career !.

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor

23 hours ago, facthunter said:

No sex please.. We're British. 

I was on holiday in England and went to London to see that show. What a great comedy it was.

That was at the time that Idi Amin was expected to go to England to attend CHOGM. Nobody new if he was coming, and if he did, what would happen to him.

The other thing was that there were rolling electricity strikes. We got on a bus to go from the railway to the theatre and the traffic lights went out, so there we sat. We talked to the others on the bus. We were the only whites, the only ones born in England and the only ones who didn't live in England.

• Informative 1

The Poms do  great Theatre. It brings lots of Tourists in normal times. Well that was a while ago. Drury Lane or something..  We do better Jazz. They pack up at about 8 o'clock (20 00) the beer is warm and  a 
Brandy Lime and Soda was a "Cider" The advantage of being in England is you get robbed in your own language.  London was VERY expensive. The fastest  way to get around was a set of roller blades. Mostly used by dark guys .  Fast and fit. Nev

They hate to be wrong and somehow it's your fault if they picked you.  Aisle Altar Hymn.. The church effect.

Eventually she morphs into your mother. All this has been passed on to me by experts. Ignore at your peril. Don't be a good listener for any strays either. They love good listeners..   Because their last good listener stopped wanting to.. Nev 

Edited by facthunter
typo
  • Like 1

Rampant sex is a natural human outlet from long periods of extreme stress. I can recall one WW2 incident I've read about, and it was in Germany at the end of WW2.

Of course, the Germans are pretty well known for their sexual debauchery - but WW2 really brought it out.

The story I read, was of a group of German men and women who were working together in the War effort, when the news was relayed to them that the War was over, and Germany had lost.

The writer, a young man, said that the group feeling was one of total loss of aim, an overwhelming feeling of relief and stress reduction - and the women immediately became as horny as hell, with celebratory kissing initially starting the orgy off. He said it just developed into a full blown orgy reminiscent of a Roman orgy from that point, with everyone naked and rampant partner swapping.

He said it just all felt very natural and the women basically were the initiators. Maybe it was a deep feeling of needing to conceive to replace the huge number of War dead.

I've noticed that women often fall pregnant after they've lost a close family member.

• Like 1