The climate change debate continues.

Phil Perry

The Chinese don’t want it.

Mega mine next to Adani quietly put on hold, thousands of promised jobs in doubt - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The banks won't back Adani, insurance companies won’t risk it, and it will never make money (unless it gets a subsidy from the taxpayer).

Why would a billionaire persist with Adani when it will probably lose money? - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It looks as if Adani will get the go ahead. The Qld government was shocked into approving the Black Finch annihilation project. I cannot see why they even want Adani as Blind Freddy knows that less than half the predicted jobs will happen and Adani will never pay taxes to the Australian government. On top of that The Qld government has put a 3 year hold on Royalties fees, if the miners will come up with $70 million into their slush fund. The reason for that is the Federal government was going to cut GST returns to any state that raised royalties.

Government has become another corporation competing with us to make more money, so that they can waste it, by for example giving South pacific nation $25 million, to keep Chinese influence away. That is not for the good of Australia, it is just to keep the USA happy with us.

Anastasia pile of sh*t has said that the approval process will go ahead and I think it has about a week to come to a conclusion. That is approval of the groundwater problem handling, or knocking it on the head.

Given that the Feds gave it the go ahead and stated that CSIRO were happy with Adanis methods, but since then CSIRO has stated they did not say they were happy. Anastasia says the process will be dealt with, so there can only be two possibilities.

1 The approval is not given because Adani cannot convince the authorising body of the safety of the groundwater. Or.

2 Approval is given and it all goes ahead.

Of course no politician will ever be held accountable if the Finches are all killed and the groundwater is completely un available to graziers and farmers. I just hope that the Qld Government has the courage to make the correct decision. They are already foregoing raises of royalties for 3 years and I would not mind betting that Adani will not donate to their slush fund.

... They are already foregoing raises of royalties for 3 years and I would not mind betting that Adani will not donate to their slush fund.

Adani set up three shell companies in a tax haven years ago, so we can be sure they won't be paying any tax in Australia- but then, which big mining company does?

Can someone please explain to me why this country subsidises foreigners to bugger up our land?

Adani set up three shell companies in a tax haven years ago, so we can be sure they won't be paying any tax in Australia- but then, which big mining company does?Can someone please explain to me why this country subsidises foreigners to bugger up our land?

Because we vote in governments who allow it, in the desperate hope that there'll be a few mining jobs in it to keep voters in marginal seats happy.

That's because the government doesn't have the balls to explain to these electorates that coal mining is a dying game, and to help their youth train up for jobs that will be there in the future instead of jobs that used to be there in the past.

[

Because we vote in governments who allow it, in the desperate hope that there'll be a few mining jobs in it to keep voters in marginal seats happy.That's because the government doesn't have the balls to explain to these electorates that coal mining is a dying game, and to help their youth train up for jobs that will be there in the future instead of jobs that used to be there in the past.

So true, Marty. Now that the election is over, the truth (that Murdoch's media didn't tell us) is coming out: Adani will never employ many Australians, it won't pay royalties for the first few years and they'll never pay tax- but they get to bugger up a big part of the country and put southern coal mines out of business.

Adani jobs explained: why there are new questions over Carmichael mine

The economy is in big trouble

The government has run the economy into the ground | Greg Jericho

This government can't even organise our defence forces.

This newly-upgraded Australian warship isn’t at sea because there aren’t enough sailors

If any of this had happened under a Labor government the Murdoch media would be getting the electorate into a lather about gross mismanagement and corruption.

We only hear about this mess because of brave, dedicated journalists, who risk their jobs and their freedom for doing so.

Yes, Australia has become a very risky place for those who speak out.

Police leave ABC headquarters with files after hours-long raid over special forces stories

PM defends AFP raid on journalist Annika Smethurst's home

Yeah the whole AFP raids on journalists are a bit confusing. According to their head honcho

- They're not at the behest of the government

- They're not to intimidate journalists or whistle-blowers

- There's nothing suspicious about the timing.

So how come two separate cases, which were referred a year apart, suddenly result in almost simultaneous raids a couple of weeks after a conservative government gets re-elected?

Something's on the nose here. Either both the government and the AFP heirarchy are lying, which seems likely, or the AFP are more disorganised than the Keystone Kops because they approve these raids with absolutely no idea of how they look to the general public.

When they try to silence whistleblowers by gaoling them it's a "bad" sign that they want to operate in secret (without any real scrutiny).You still hear Open and accountable mouthed by them but it's hype. You can tell when they are lying. "Their lips move". Australia is now an even bigger joke out there in the REAL world. You get NO answers in question time. Just ridiculing of the questioner who can't respond. If someone else does, the motion. "I move the Member be NO longer heard " is passed on Party lines. That's not democracy in action. That's been going on for years. No wonder the Youth of the nation are losing faith in the democratic process.. Nev

...No wonder the Youth of the nation are losing faith in the democratic process.. Nev

I agree it's a time of dispair, but don't lose heart, Nev. There are still plenty of idealistic people out there.

My wife and I hadn't been in a demo for decades when we joined a march thru Tamworth protesting about little Johnny Howard sending our people in to support Bush's atrocious Gulf War II. It was perhaps the biggest demo seen in Tamworth. As well as thousands of aging Boomers, there were plenty of young families and teenagers.

In an inspiring throwback to the flower power era, teams of chanting girls danced up to coppers on point duty and gave them a big kiss. As we marched along the New England Highway, a rising noise drowned out our slogans. Hundred of schoolkids at a twighlight swimming carnival lined the fence six-deep cheering us!

I have faith that the next generation will not let these cynical rich old white men destroy our freedoms.

I also love the young. They are not really different from what we were, but it's a shame the "Childish Leaders" set such an unprecedented and disgraceful example of how to NOT behave, that they cause such legitimate contempt. I consider that unforgiveable really. A pack of rotten Barstewards who can't lie straight in bed.. Nev

Talk about loving the young. How is George Pell doing?

Do you notice that our pollies are very keen to be seen with children during the election run up. I find it sickening to see them sucking up to kids too young to understand how they are being used. The other thing that sickens me with them is the way they love to be seen with the military They sent the troops into Vietnam on a lie, Brought them back and treated them as if the troops were responsible for the governments behaviour and denied them any of the normal treatment of returning troops.

They now send them to USA wars with their hands just about tied behind their backs, to fight dirty wars and get abused for it.

Yes Storchy !

It was the French that were kicked out, of french-Indochina & made other's do their dirty work.

"French Indochine Française, the three states of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia formerly associated with France, first within its empire and later within the French Union."

spacesailor

Yeah the whole AFP raids on journalists are a bit confusing. According to their head honcho- They're not at the behest of the government

- They're not to intimidate journalists or whistle-blowers

- There's nothing suspicious about the timing...

Nothing to worry about, Marty. Our betters are looking after us.

[ATTACH]50123._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.thumb.jpeg.0599dad40a69cf7c073efcc289705e31.jpeg