The climate change debate continues.

Phil Perry

It's not just the politicians. There's been a lot of hot air coming from regular punters in areas around the Adani area, pushing for the mine to go ahead because they think their towns will benefit from increased economic activity.

It wasn't that long since the last Federal election. People knew that the LNP are rabid supporters of Adani, but they voted them in regardless.

So don't just blame the politicians, blame the people who put them there.

Australia’s climate stance is inflicting criminal damage on humanity | Ian Dunlop and David Spratt

Bet you won't read about this in the Muroch press, which is happy to distract us with trivia while this country is robbed blind. Has anyone noticed what's been going on out of sight?

The takeover of our independent national broadcaster is well underway:

ABC board: secret shortlist of candidates ignored in favour of mining executive revealed

When 4Corners has been muzzled, who will expose the monumental ripoffs being perpetrated by mates of the LNP?

The ABC really does more than most federal government agencies when it comes to uncovering corruption and environmental vandalism. The LNP would like nothing more than to shut it down or privatise it, and to be perfectly honest Labor probably wouldn't mind taking the pressure off too.

Don't forget their protected species mates in the animal production game.

Special laws to stop anyone filming cruelty on farm. '$ 200,000 fine for showing animal cruelty.

Instead of stopping the cruelty, the want to jail the whistleblower.

Welcome to the LNP fascist state.

The ABC really does more than most federal government agencies when it comes to uncovering corruption and environmental vandalism. The LNP would like nothing more than to shut it down or privatise it, and to be perfectly honest Labor probably wouldn't mind taking the pressure off too.

The Young Liberals recently voted to sell off the ABC. That's our government of the very near future if we don't wake up. Then nothing will be there to stop their mates from stealing what's left.

Australias stand on climate change makes very good sense. Geologically cyclic events that occur. Cow farts etc make very little difference, reference the ozone hole scare of a number of years ago. One volcano eruption and bang goes your theory.

Australias stand on climate change makes very good sense. Geologically cyclic events that occur. Cow farts etc make very little difference, reference the ozone hole scare of a number of years ago. One volcano eruption and bang goes your theory.

The ozone layer was nor some sort of scam. The world did take action and banned CFCs.

First Direct Proof of Ozone Hole Recovery Due to Chemicals Ban

I am afraid I respect the work done by NASA and other Scientific bodies more than opinion. If the chemical reaction between CFC and ozone is incorrect perhaps you could educate us.

Oh good grief, Robinsm. Are you being fair dinkum?

The "Ozone hole scare" was real. Diehard climate deniers don't seem to be able to get into their heads how delicate our global ecosystems are.

A tiny amount of refrigeration gases did enormous damage to our Ozone layer (notice the increase in skin cancers?)

The world very quickly woke up to the science and did something about it. Until recently, evidence suggested it was working; the ozone layer was recovering- then a huge amount of banned gasses were traced to some factories in China.

If only we could do the same with Greenhouse gases. Despite overwhelming science, a rearguard action by the fossil fuel industry has delayed action until vested interests can make lots of money.

The only point you make which has any value is re volcanic eruptions. As I've posted before, climate change is already underway and we're at least partly responsible...but it could all reverse overnight with one Pinatubo-sized eruption. We might also be saved by an asteroid. Why clutch at straws? Business has already woken up and is phasing out dirty fuels in favour of cheaper, cleaner alternatives- which are already creating more jobs than coal mines!

The Coal mining environment is one to die for. Black lung disease is out there and that's a disgrace but the wages (for a few) are good (for a short while). It will all be mechanised if Gina has her way so what's the BS about many jobs. The ones you lose in tourism will be the sacrifice and tourism would be forever. Glad Australia is the clever country (What a joke). Nev

" Iodine "

It is essential for your health, without it you will have "A goitre can be associated with a thyroid that is not functioning properly. Worldwide, over 90% of goitre cases are caused by iodine deficiency.

Derby neck ! ,was solved by the addition of Iodine to Table-salt.

AS for "global-warming"

The world Has detonated over 2,000 nuclear devices, with an estimated yield of more than 545 M.Tons of TNT.

That, consumed lots of the worlds OXYGEN. And it must allow more radiation to hit the soil that holds the vegetation.

Only TREES & vegetation can replace that oxygen,

spacesailor

I can't see how oxygen (which permits/causes OXIDation, { corrosion decaying burning}) has anything to do with nuclear reactions. I do agree that vegetation clearing and loss of seagrass beds must affect the equation/balance.You can't keep taking without something giving and there's now so many of us what we do does certainly change things. Nev

re the iodine Yes it's an essential trace element that is deficient in many soils, including Australia. Kelp is a good supplement source for thyroid health. Goiter was more common when I was young than it appears to be these days. Sugar is beginning to be more evident as the Bad guy with health than previously and unfortunately for the devotees, ALCOHOL also. Also makes you behave like a bigger fool than you usually are. Nev

I can remember in my young days, there were quite a few old ladies with goitre and the British government made it compulsory to add iodine to table salt. I haven't seen anyone with goitre for 70 years.

Our government does absolutely nothing to reduce climate change and figures given out today put Australia in a pretty damning position for our lack of action.

Climate change is not the only thing our government is doing nothing about. We have had a big review of financial institutions and now are having one into aged care. Lots of money spent, lots of reporting on TV news and other places, but NOTHING is being done.

Climate change !.

I just read this.

"Economics Editor for The Australian, Adam Creighton, claimed renewable energy was not a solution to the Australia's potential future energy issues.

'Renewables will never get it. The overwhelming bulk of Australia’s energy comes from gas and coal and we focus on so-called renewables … (it) creates the impression they’re free,' Mr Creighton said.

'I came back from Chicago and in the state of Illinois they have ten nuclear power stations. The cost of electricity is a third of what it is in New South Wales. France as well, I think they have 30 nuclear power stations. Their power is much cheaper than ours.' "

spacesailor

I like what he said "You get they impression they're free".

I think Solar panels Should be Free, to all home-owner that will pay for their installation.

Just me thinking,

Free solar panels !.

OR

As an essential "service" like water sewerage,gas & power.

We all know that the rich "sevice" provider's would Never let that happen, (money out-of their pockets).

spacesailor

You can do your own research. Base load will be coal, gas, nuclear for the majority of the world for the next 30-50 years. Derogatory statements can’t change that.

Derogatory? I would welcome a calm discussion on why our national newspaper would deny the obvious massive potential we have in renewables.

Even Switowski admitted on radio today that even new nuclear mini plants are 15 years to build and commission. And won't return a dollar for at least 10 more.

Also admitted renewables can do base load with storage cheaper..and that's today not in 25 years.

Wake up peeps,

Truth is not what you wish