The climate change debate continues.

Phil Perry

What we need is a rapid response to a changed LOAD. situation Nuclear or Coal won't DO that and the Price of operating NEW generators is way up from what we pay now for the older facilities. Bring the FACTS out I'm not afraid of that. Not BS propaganda from the vested Interests brigade. Storage Batteries and pump hydro and HYDROGEN from surplus renewables. Easier cheaper and quicker. Coal will only get more expensive as the easy picked fruit gets accessed first and it IS the problem .Not the answer. Nev

Australia's coal lobby has thrown money at politicians and media companies in a desperate campaign to protect the market power that they are about to lose. They even have NLP reps pushing for taxpayer-subsidised coal burners to prop up this dirty industry.

China is building railways and other infrastructure to access its own coal and other emerging markets know that solar is already cheaper than coal.

" And won't return a dollar for at least 10 more. "

UK's Calder Hall plant, must have given lot's of Pounds back to it's investors,

After the 56 opening. 50 years of clean power !.

"four Magnox reactors became operational in 1956 at Calder Hall, "

spacesailor

We all know that the windfarms caused the power lines to collapse, leading to a surge in demand which caused the safety methods to trip. I just wonder if the government and power companies can get the investigating bodies to fall in line with that thinking. They probably can, given the stupidity we are witnessing nowadays.

What do you think of the current legal attack on the SA windfarm people by this government ( through one of their instrumentalities)? THAT wouldn't be political, would it? Nev

Coal-burners have been known to fail and cause problems for electricity supply. Has any legal action been launched against them?

Renewables didn't cause the blackout, but in the end, the truth doesn't actually matter. What matters is how much wool can be pulled over peoples' eyes.

AGL's Gas generator in western VIC has failed and won't be back on line for ages. I guess that's caused by those windmills too. Naughty wind farms. Abot says they are some devil thing.. Has he lost the plot or something. He is known for lengthy dummy spits and hates being beaten, especially by a Woman. Sometimes I think there is a dog. Steggall is not a climate denier. The electorate has spoken.. Nev

...Naughty wind farms. Abot says they are some devil thing.. Has he lost the plot or something. He is known for lengthy dummy spits and hates being beaten, especially by a Woman. Sometimes I think there is a dog...

Dog moves in mysterious ways, Nev. The mad monk is apparently a keynote speaker at a big right-wing forum.

Lets hope they follow his advice...to electoral oblivion.

Once you are a proven LIAR it should be OVER for taking any notice of them afterwards. There is no value placed on truth and it spoils a lot of good stories but what else should we be guided by? They have worked hard to obscure it and make it difficult to access, as they get more money and POWER that way, and that's ALL they care about. Ba$tard$, all of them. Nev

The so called lie was about it being a TAX (and THAT was the NUB of the discussion at the TIME) and always quoted out of context by those who used it. to GET Gillard. Even Credlin admitted it was NEVER a tax, about a year or so ago, but it did the job, didn't it. Similar to Trumps "birther"

statements (LIES) about Obama.. Lies pay off apparently. Nev

"It was many other things in nomenclature terms but we made it a carbon tax. We made it a fight about the hip pocket and not about the environment". Peta Credlin.

Just for those who ain't got the message yet. This is straight from the "horse's mouth".

Just refer to my previous post. This is a post truth era. A lie will trump truth when it gets enough publicity. I mourn for this country.