Did you know?

red750

Did you know the term "dashboard" dates back to the horse and carriage days? When horses would 'dash' through mud they would kick up the mud onto the occupants, so a board was placed at the front of the carriage to stop the mud. Hence "dashboard".

• Informative 3

Did, you know your " heart- beat " can surpass ! .

Two Billion beats per lifetime .

My slow heart-beat at 45 bpm.× 60 pH X 24 pd X 365 py

X 82 , FOR A LLONG time .  ( 1,919,164,000 .

I spoke to a woman whose heart-rate is going 80 bpm .

WoW

spacesailor

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, red750 said:

According to my smart watch, my heart rate is 62 bpm, blood glucose 6.32 mmol/L, my blood pressure is 109/97 and my body temp is 36.5 deg. My blood oxygen is 96%.

I don't suppose it tells the time by any chance?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, rgmwa said:

I don't suppose it tells the time by any chance?

Yes. The time, date, day of the week, number of steps I've taken (resets at midnight), vibrates when my phone rings (in case the silent switch has accidently turned on), helps find my phone and can activate the phone camera when set up.

• Informative 2

I hadn't thought of that .

Not married, 20 something. 

But, !. as my wife was visiting. 

I almost volunteered to brush her long hair ,

But I managed to keep my mouth shut,  before putting my foot in it . LoL

spacesailor

• Like 1

My style of luck is, I'd get one of those smart watches and smash it against something, when a spanner slipped. I've gone through a lot of watches. I don't wear jewellery such as rings, either - its too easy to turn a ring into a glowing branding iron if you arc it against electrical terminals. Or catch it on some projection when you're jumping down from a height, and it tears a finger off. Had a few blokes do that in the Army, jumping off the back of trucks, and catching a projecting bolt.

I've still got the scar from a metal watchband that shorted out down the Back Of a C-172  in the early 50s when I was removing the Battery. I couldn't get it off and just had to let it sizzle. Not much room Back  there. Nev

• Sad 3

I blacked out and collapsed when my heart rate dropped to 30. It's called bradycardia. I was taken to hospital by ambulance and fitted with a pacemaker. That was in 2012.  It was not related to a blockage, it was electrical, like a broken spark plug lead.

• Informative 1

The same thing happened to me , with a meds mix up.

The. chemist gave me a double strength ' blood pressure ' pills . ( & REFUSED TO REPLACE THEM  ) .

Dropped my heart rate to about 40 , & I ended up in hospital. 

Then I had to sign myself out,  to go on our long weekend holiday .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
  • Informative 1

Here's another one: the Panama Canal. You tend to think of it as running east/west, but Panama itself lies roughly east/west and the canal runs north-west to south-east. The Atlantic entrance is further west than the Pacific entrance.

• Informative 4

8 hours ago, willedoo said:

Here's another one: the Panama Canal.

And it appears that a lack of rainfall, caused by what your like, is threatening to make it unnavigable due to dropped water level. I think the water levels in the cut channels is OK, but the level in the associated lakes is falling.

288px-Panama_Canal_Map_EN.svg.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1