Quickies part 2

red750

Bob walked into a sports bar around 9:58 p.m. He sat down next to a blonde at the bar and stared up at the TV. The 10 p.m. news was coming on.

The news crew was covering the story of a man preparing to jump off the ledge of a large building. The blonde looked at Bob and said, “Do you think he’ll jump?”

Bob said, “You know, I bet he’ll jump.”

The blonde replied, “Well, I bet he won’t.”

Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said, “You’re on!” Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar, the guy on the ledge did a swan dive off the building, falling to his death.

The blonde was very upset, but willingly handed her $20 to Bob. “Fair’s fair. Here’s your money.”

Bob replied, “I can’t take your money. I saw this earlier on the 5 p.m. news, so I knew he would jump.”

The blonde replied, “I did, too, but I didn’t think he’d do it again.”
Bob took the money.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Here's an interesting presentation on the origin of the :Dumb Blonde" stereotype.https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/dumb-blonde-stereotype 

The final paragraph is an interesting conclusion:

Dumb blonde is just another stereotype in a long line of misogynist lies that aim to silence and humiliate women. In the Venn diagram of stereotypes, blondeness is the overlap between stupidity, promiscuity, gold-digging and naked self-interest. 

Historians roundly agree that the notion of blondes being dumb dates back to a play performed some 250 years ago, titled Les Curiosités de la Foire, (The Curiosities of the Fair)  based on the misdemeanours of the legendary courtesan Rosalie Duthé, which established blondes as both stupid and sexually available. Duthé took long pauses before she spoke, leading people to believe she was literally dumb, as well as stupid. 

However, I believe that the strengthening of the stereotype is a product of the American male culture which makes over-sized female secondary sexual characteristics.

• Informative 1

I go for a simple explanation.

Humans use discrimination to instantly remove large amounts of social competion. It is an instinctive part of promoting one's own genetic traits.

Any group will do. Eg:

Any other nationality

Too tall

Too short

Too wealthy

Too poor

Too sunburnt

Too pale

Too redheaded

Too fair

Edited by nomadpete
I forgot to add 'Too Irish'
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

What do I call those that are born & live on the Nigger river, Africa

So exactly where is this river?  Are you referring to the Niger river? The Niger river runs through several countries so someone born adjacent to the Niger river could be a Sierria Leonean or a Malian or a Nigerian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I find it interesting that a person of Negro bloodlines and appearance, can call another Negro or Negro descendant person, a "nigger" - and that's acceptable to them both - but if a white person calls either of them a "nigger", that's just awful racism.

• Like 1

I don't think it'd be acceptable to all black people even if it came from another black person - I imagine it wouldn't go down too well with a respectable middle-aged couple if the waitress serving their meal called them that.

Between a couple of young blokes, sure - just like one Aussie tradie might call out "Oi, Stevo, ya c*nt!" but probably wouldn't use the same language with his Gran.

• Agree 2

A young newlywed couple wanted to join a church. The pastor told them, “We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from having sex for two weeks.”

The couple agreed and came back at the end of two weeks. The pastor asked them, “Well, were you able to get through the two weeks without being intimate?”

“Pastor, I’m afraid we were not able to go without sex for the two weeks,” the young man admitted.

“What happened?” inquired the pastor.

“My wife was reaching for a can of corn on the top shelf and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was over come with lust and took advantage of her right there.”

“You understand, of course, that this means you will not be welcome in our church,” stated the pastor.

“That’s okay,” said the young man. “We’re not welcome at the grocery store anymore either.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

During a trial in Mississippi, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand, a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, “Mrs. Jones, do you know me?”

She responded, “Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I’ve known you since you were a boy, and frankly you’ve been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you’re a big shot, when you haven’t got the brains to realize you’ll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.”

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, “Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?”

She again replied, “Why yes, I do. I’ve known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He’s lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can’t build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state… Not to mention, he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.”

The defense attorney nearly died on the spot.

Suddenly, the judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said… “If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I’ll send you both to the electric chair.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The  Picnic

A JewishRabbi and a Catholic Priest met at the town's annual 4th of July picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter.

"This baked ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi.  "You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion,

but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing.

You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia  Baked Ham.

Tell me, Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?"

The rabbi looked at  the priest with a big grin, and said, "At your wedding."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why  Go to Church?

One Sunday morning, a mother went in to wake her son and tell him it was time to get ready for church, to which he replied,

"I'm not going."  "Why not?" she asked.  I'll give you two good reasons," he said. "(1), they don't like me, and (2), I don't like them."

His mother replied, "I'll give you two good reasons why you  SHOULD  go to church:

(1) You're 59 years  old, and (2) you're the pastor!"

• Like 1

Goat for Dinner

The young couple invited their elderly pastor for Sunday dinner.

While they were in the kitchen preparing the meal, the minister asked their son what they were having.

"Goat," the little boy replied.

"Goat?" replied the startled man of the cloth, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yep," said the youngster. "I heard Dad say to Mom, 'Today is just as good as any to have the old goat for dinner.' "

• Like 1
  • Haha 2