Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

May be I've been a bit behind the door, but in the grouping LGBTQIA, I never knew what the A stood for till the other day. It means ABROSEXUAL I looked up the definition on Wikipedia.

Abrosexual means a person who experiences fluctuating sexual orientations over time. 

Pansexuality is the sexual and romantic attraction to all people regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation.

Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to any person.

Abrosexuality vs. Pansexuality

Abrosexuality is different from pansexuality because of its changing nature. A person who is abrosexual may, at times, be pansexual, but at other times they may be heterosexual or asexual. Their sexual orientation is in flux. People who are pansexual are attracted to all people no matter their gender or sexuality.

By the way, the "I" stands for INTERSEXUAL. A term to describe individuals who are born with variations of sex characteristics that do not fit with binary definitions of male or female bodies. ie Female bodies with penises, or male bodies with breasts.

6 hours ago, spacesailor said:

But it makes choosing  a mate far more difficult. 

spacesailor

I disagree. For too long we have tried to restrict the choice to 50% ofthe population.

Now we have more to choose from.

Choosing a life partner shouldn't be only about breeding - there's been far to much of that lately anyway.

• Agree 1

I think the "alphabet sexuality" is more positive than not.  My son (13) quite matter-of-factly told us that one of his mates is gay,  another is pansexual and there's an intersex person in his class.

This is said without judgement or prejudice. 

Imagine when you were at school.  Would those "different" kids be as fairly treated by their  peers?

• Like 2

Changing attitudes  amongst the participants can rule out the Lifetime Partner/ Friends possibility. The actual passing of anyone can happen at any time, as well. Adjustments HAVE to be made. New contacts made.  Imagine migrating to another country, how much could be involved there especially if you don't speak the Lingo or, know the Customs It's SO easy to offend without setting out to.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Marty_d said:

I think the "alphabet sexuality" is more positive than not.  My son (13) quite matter-of-factly told us that one of his mates is gay,  another is pansexual and there's an intersex person in his class.

This is said without judgement or prejudice. 

Imagine when you were at school.  Would those "different" kids be as fairly treated by their  peers?

Whilst I agree with most of that, I do not agree with the labelling. The whole alphabet labelling business is causing discrimination. In my opinion,  the whole of humanity has a tendency towards having all kinds of individual preferences.

When one makes a label identification (eg - ' I identify as a....'), then that label is taked by everyone within earshot as being the most important thing about that person.

One's sexual preference should only be a small detail of an individual's personality. Not the most obvious thing about them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Has your time spent LOST. on the desert Island got anything to do with it, or if it's viewed through the bottom of a BEER Glass.?  Most people you  see, talk  etc with  it wouldn't be a consideration, for a multitude of reasons so not very relevant. except in your Imagination.. . . Just imagine you have JUST had" it " with the object of your desire. NOW what?.  IF your reason was that YOU know everyone has their needs and you were helping out  Dog Bless you. We need more like that in this world. Nev

• Agree 1

When I went through High School in a regional area in the '70s, there was a lad who was very flamboyant.

We liked him and he never hurt anyone.

The football players seemed to take exception to him and to me as I was a 'nerd' and generally anyone else who was not on the 'team' (or female and pretty).

No labels and being young and naïve I had no idea.

Later on it was confirmed that he was indeed gay.

At school we just called him 'Herbie' (obscure nick-name).

Does anyone remember "Are you being served"? 😊

Is innuendo lost?

• Informative 1

I heard an interview yesterday. Interviewer said "is it OK to describe you as blind? I know you are totally blind." Answer- "yes, that's OK, I identify as blind. But many don't, thanks for asking".

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, pmccarthy said:

I heard an interview yesterday. Interviewer said "is it OK to describe you as blind? I know you are totally blind." Answer- "yes, that's OK, I identify as blind. But many don't, thanks for asking".

'"Sure, I am blind rather than vision impaired .

Do you mind if I call you intellectually impaired or do you prefer just plain stupid?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, facthunter said:

THAT "British?'SHOW was well-timed and presented. You are going back a while. Wasn't it in Black and white?  Nev

It was colour and amazingly was actually based on Grace brothers in Sydney, strange but true.

Hence the character "young Mr Grace".

• Informative 3