North Korea executes teenagers for distributing South Korean TV, movies: report

red750

What supposedly religion-based society would ever consider making laws against sex?

Adultery - etymology - In Middle English, ( a period of roughly 300 years from around 1150 CE to around 1450) also meant "sex between husband and wife for recreational purposes; idolatry, perversion, heresy." As a crime, formerly classified as single adultery (with an unmarried person) and double adultery (with a married person). 

From 1154 - 1377 the Plantagenet Kings of England (Angevin Line) ruled the English.

King Henry II 1154-1189 (grandson of Henry I)

King Richard I 1189-1199 (third son of Henry II)

King John 1199-1216 (fifth son of Henry II)

King Henry III 1216-1272 (son of John)

King Edward I 1272-1307 (son of Henry III)

King Edward II 1307-1327 (son of Edward I)

King Edward III 1327-1377 (son of Edward II)

From 1377 - 1485 the Royal Houses of Lancaster and York became Kings of England ruling the English.

King Richard II 1377-1399 (grandson of Edward III, son of the Black Prince)

King Henry IV 1399-1413 (grandson of Edward III, son of John of Gaunt)

King Henry V 1413-1422 (son of Henry IV)

King Henry VI 1422-1461 (son of Henry V)

King Edward IV 1461-1483 ( youngest son of Edward III )

Edward V - One of the little Prices in the Tower

King Richard III 1483-1485 (uncle of Edward V)

Adultery seemed to be quite acceptable amongst all the royalty of the day, regardless of the era. Some of the ancient royalty were just outright paedophiles.

The Indonesians might re-adjust their ideas when their beloved tourism industry starts to droop. I'm on their list, well and truly, I've been shacking up with SWMBO for going on 33 years, and we never bothered with that marriage rites stuff, it was all just unnecessary, as far as we were concerned, we were both grownups. 

• Like 4

Half my ' mob ' will be in trouble then .

Like I tell them " no advantage in a piece of paper " .

Save that money for more important things .    ( that upsets swmbo ) .

spacesailor

Pps I haven't seen my ( her ) ,marriage certificate for tens of years . Perhaps it desolved after 60 years .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, facthunter said:

Not entirely true. Some family member has to report it and it's not effective for 3 years yet, but a bad move to what Iran is protesting about.. No criticising the government??? Nev

Agree.. But...

That is what it is now.. give it 10 years though... and it will be a lot closer to what Iran is protesting about

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Sad 1

Iranians are Persian. Persian history largely begins with King Cyrus the Great, who is credited with the liberation of Babylon in 528 BC, and the oldest known charter of human rights, referred to as the Cyrus Cylinder,  Persian and Arab histories only merge in the 7th century with the Islamic conquest of Persia. Persians were Zoroastrian, a religion based on the teachings of prophet Zoroaster that exalted Ahura Mazda as the supreme God. Consequently, many present-day Iranian celebrations,  stem from this ancient religion. The Islamic conquest during Persia’s Sasanian Empire caused the gradual decline and eventual displacement of Zoroastrianism by Islam. A study of language families reveals that Persian is an Indo-European language whereas Arabic is a Semitic one. Despite the introduction of Islam, Iran has retained its language, identity, and traditions, thereby distinguishing it from neighboring Arab countries.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

A suicide bomber has blown himself up and killed one in Indonesia in an apparent rage that a new law in the country banning sex between people who aren’t married did not go far enough.

The controversial new law – which could affect Australians holidaying in Bali – was ratified on Tuesday.

Police said the killer was a Muslim terrorist who had only been released from jail a year after he aided in another bombing.

Video from the scene is reported to have shown body parts near the police station’s entrance.

Police said that the bomber had a piece of paper taped to his body which said: “Criminal code is the law of infidels, let’s fight the satanic law enforcers”.

That appears to be a reference to controversial new laws in Indonesia that were ratified on Tuesday that will outlaw premarital and extramarital sex as well as limiting criticism of the president.

The new legislation could also heavily impact the LGBTI community because while homosexuality is legal in most of Indonesia, gay marriage is not.

The law applies to visitors as well as Indonesians meaning tourists could fall foul of the new legislation when it starts to be applied.

The country of 275 million people varies from regions like Aceh where sharia law is in place to the tourist hot spot of Bali which is far more liberal.

It’s thought the suicide bomber was angered the new criminal code was not strict enough and that the laws also allow a crackdown on extremist ideologies.

Some Muslim hardliners in Indonesia want sharia law to be implemented nationwide.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 2

I never thought it was a moral thing to go to bali anyway.... if all went well, you were only increasing their dependence on non-permanent tourism to their ultimate disadvantage. Sharia law there now....   well I have no sympathy for those who get caught.

AND I did get married, but only to make the in-laws happy. They ( sort of ) paid for it anyway. Coming up to 55 years ago now and things were different, but I still admire onetrack and reckon he was right.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I never thought it was a moral thing to go to bali anyway.... if all went well, you were only increasing their dependence on non-permanent tourism to their ultimate disadvantage. Sharia law there now....   well I have no sympathy for those who get caught...

Poor bluddy Balinese: kind, good-living Hindus being colonised and gradually squeezed by their Islamic neighbours. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Old Koreelah said:

Poor bluddy Balinese: kind, good-living Hindus being colonised and gradually squeezed by their Islamic neighbours. 

I remember when I was there in the mid 80's, the population of Bali was a couple of million, mostly Balinese. There were a few Javanese there who had moved to Bali to make a living in the tourist trade, but now I think there's around a million Javanese there. When they had the big tourism building boom, a lot of poor Javanese labourers went there to work in the building trade. 

• Informative 1