Homeless in the USA

Bruce Tuncks

I've been reading about homeless in the USA. There are more than half a million.

How could this happen in a country so rich that it outspent the rest of the world put together in military spending for most of the last 70 years or so.

AND the country that is so outwardly christian?

I reckon the existence of any  homeless is a terrible blight on a country.  You could rank countries by their wickedness with this figure alone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

AND the country that is so outwardly christian?

I reckon the existence of any  homeless is a terrible blight on a country.  You could rank countries by their wickedness with this figure alone.

Check any christian or religious country and you will find they all have massive homeless and poverty stricken people, it goes with the belief, which is all about power and control at any cost to the population. The USA has always had loads of homelessness and poverty. like all religious societies they brag about how loving and caring they are, but the viewable truth is the complete opposite and its the same with all ideologies.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

God wants YOU to be RICH (and by the way he needs $2 million by next Tuesday) The god of the USA is MONEY. 

Oh and winning is everything. No one notices the one who comes second or 3rd etc no matter how meritorious it was. Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

OME, I beg to alter the wording ....

"In the Almighty Dollar we trust" (and worship).

"All other Gods come a distant second".

This is a nation that has such trust in God, they need to take their firearms to Church. I guess that's O.K., because their firearms rights were ordained by God.

And this is the same mob who simply call for "thoughts and prayers" after every mass shooting in the U.S. Then they have the hide to call themselves "Leaders of the Free World". John Ch.11, v.35.

• Like 1

I once had a religious experience... I was waiting for a business to open across the road in Adelaide CBD, when an unsteady man began lurching towards me.

An alcoholic, thought I as I walked away from him, towards my destination.

" Not an alcoholic, but Jesus testing you out" was the thought which came into my head.

If I were Jesus, I would check people out all the time like that.

Yep, at that time I was working with an Anglican committee and religion was very much present, but they sure didn't like hearing this story.

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

I once had a religious experience... I was waiting for a business to open across the road in Adelaide CBD, when an unsteady man began lurching towards me.

" Not an alcoholic, but Jesus testing you out" was the thought which came into my head..

One of our most well-known local business leaders is a regular at church and one Sunday morning turned up late, dressed as a filthy hobo, reeking of stale booze. He staggered down the aisle and eventually settled onto a pew next to a pillar of the church. You can imagine them thifting in their seat. He repeated this act a few times before someone recognised him.

A good lesson in tolerance for his fellow christians.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

" Holier than thou attitude" is totally UN christian.  If only they bothered to actually read how he (was alleged) to have behaved  . It also deals with love of money,

' false prophets,  craven images using his name in vain  serving god and mammon. etc. A lot of professing god people wouldn't get past first  base. Pretend piety fools no one         If their god is worthy of the name then HE/SHE /IT will be able to know your thoughts and your every deed.. So, don't expect to fool god.. and YOU pretenders will be going to a very hot place...Nev

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

" Not an alcoholic, but Jesus testing you out" was the thought which came into my head.

If I were Jesus, I would check people out all the time like that.

Yep, at that time I was working with an Anglican committee and religion was very much present, but they sure didn't like hearing this story.

I've had a religious experience in Adelaide, I saw an angel in a local establishment in Hindley St.

• Haha 3

Another time I told the committee about a religious experience...  " The level spirit guided me truly in getting those wall panels up"  I told them. Gosh, if burning at the stake was still allowed, there I would have been...

We were building a school at the time. The local state school had been taken over by  politically correct bureaucrats, such that the thuggy kids were in charge of the average classroom. Good teachers were taking early "medical" retirement and some of the remainder were mumbling through their lesson while the class rioted. No way were our kids going there, we said , so we had to do this anglican thing, on account of how they were the only way out.

• Haha 1